There’s a new Sims 4 PC update available via Origin. If you have auto updates enabled in “Application Settings”, the game will auto-update once you open Origin. If you have auto-updates disabled, you will need to manually update by clicking the game in your library.
To ensure your game is up to date, check the game version found in Documents > EA > The Sims 4 > GameVersion.txt. Your game should now read: PC 220.127.116.110 / Mac 18.104.22.1680. If you’ve updated but it’s not showing the correct version, delete the GameVersion.txt file, restart, and all will be corrected.
❗ Remove all MODS and Custom Content before updating your game ❗
UPDATE: 7/16/2019 – PC 22.214.171.1240 / Mac 126.96.36.1990
Welcome Simmers! We’ve got an unconventional update for you this month, with a bold new look for The Sims, and a brand new mode within Create a Sim. You can go on reading the details of what we’ve changed, but trust me — you’ll notice the differences the moment you start your game. After you’re done exploring the new main menu, be sure to give a Create a Sim Story a try… you may just find it to be a fun way to shake up your normal playstyle!
Create a Sim Stories
Is your Simming stuck in a creative rut? Try crafting a story within Create a Sim! By starting a new household, or adding a Sim to an existing household, you can take a fun quiz to determine your Sims personality and starting conditions. By creating a story your Sims will end up starting out with a career, various skills, and different levels of starting household funds! Of course, this is just an additional option that’s now available — you’ll still be able to also create Sims the same way you always have.
The Sims 4 has a new look! Now that we’re entering the fifth year of The Sims 4, and the twentieth year of The Sims, we wanted to continue to invest in The Sims 4 so that it remains fresh and relevant for years to come. You’ll quickly spot changes like a brand new cast of Sims, new intro videos, new loading screens, new cover art, and new pack icons. The main menu has received the most significant additions; not only does it show off our new style, but you’ll discover the ability to play trailers from our most recent packs, and access quick links to The Sims on your favorite social platforms.
New Customization Options
Our new cast of Sims has some fresh new clothing and accessories to wear, and you’ll find all of their new content within Create a Sim. Check out their group shot by clicking through the art on the main menu! The base game has received new tops, bottoms, accessories, hairstyles, and a hat. Players who own certain packs will receive new swatches on some of the clothing and accessories they already own from those packs.
We’ve added a new cheat to the game! Open the cheat console and type in “bb.showliveeditobjects” to enable the cheat. To disable it, type “bb.showliveeditobjects false”.
Enabling the cheat will unlock a new set of objects in Build Mode to decorate your lots with… rocks, trees, bushes, signs, and all sorts of environment objects. I lost count, but I think it’s somewhere around twelve-hundred new decorative objects. These objects are environment objects, which our artists use when creating worlds. As such they are not optimized for on lot use, so please be aware when using this cheat. The most obvious issue you may notice is that Sims will walk through these objects.
FIXES & UPDATES
The Sims 4
- Resolved error code 134:ef7a88f2:b4565d86, which was preventing players from loading certain save files.
- I’d explain further, but really the error code is self explanatory.
- Ok, sorry – that was snarky. This recently introduced error occurred when attempting to load a game that was saved while one of the household Sims wasn’t currently instantiated on the active lot, and had away actions that they could perform.
- Fixed an issue where objects were getting stuck on toddler’s hands.
- The Sulani animation on the World Select screen will now display properly for players who do not own Island Living.
- Within the tutorial, your friendly roommate Alex will now successfully give your Sim a job once again.
- The main menu will now continue to display the pack art that you’ve selected until you decide to change to a different one.
- Fixed an issue where camera controls for rotating and zoom levels were behaving inconsistently when using a trackpad.
- Fixed an issue where Vampires were failing to route when directed to perform the Dark Meditation and Influence Emotions powers.