First, we hope everyone enjoyed their Holidays! Now to the Monthly Mod News…
For each issue of Mod News we will bring you important news and information that mod users should know. This includes:
- Mod/CC News – Overview on what broke with the last patch. Any other news about Mods/CC that we feel you should know. Additionally, we’ll let you know of any updates that popular mods like MCCC, Wicked Whims, etc has received.
- Creator News – News on creators, if they’re on hiatus, retiring, etc.
- New Mods – Compiled list of recently released mods.
Be sure to use the Mod News category tag for future reference.
♦ Patch News ♦
Although we did have a patch on December 12th, it didn’t hurt too many mods. Still, be sure to check the links below for the latest updates.
♦ Sims File Share Caching Issues ♦
Unfortunately, one of our best file hosting sites, Sims File Share, is experiencing cache issues (for some time now). This means that if you download mods from SFS, there’s a chance that you could get an older version of the mod. Not good if it was updated for patches.
If the creator has an alternate download option, please use it. If they don’t, you can try a F5 refresh.
This mainly applies to mods, since they need updated often. Custom Content like hair, clothes, etc should be fine since they don’t receive updates as mods do.
♦ Mod Updates ♦
Always check for updates to your mods after patches. Even if a mod seems to work, sometimes it still needs updated. Here’s some info and links to help you keep your mods up-to-date:
- Mod the Sims – If you download mods from MTS, there’s a very easy way to see if you have the latest version of any mod that you downloaded from there:
- Click on My Links in the upper-right corner and select My Downloads. This shows a list of everything that you’ve downloaded from MTS, including when it was last updated and if you have the latest update. Very handy!
- Popular Mod Updates (public versions only)
- Basemental Drugs – Last updated December 17th to 4.10.114.
- Become a Sorcerer – Last updated December 18th to 3-5-2.
- MCCC – Last updated November 27th to 6.6.3.
- Wicked Whims *NSFW* – Last updated December 13th to v147i.
- Mods by Bienchen – Several updated in December.
- Mods by KawaiiStacie – Several updated in December.
- Mods by LittleMsSam – Several updated in December.
- Mods by Scarlet – Few updated for December 12th patch.
- Mods by SimRealist – Q4 updates on December 27th.
- More Updated Mods
- Please make sure to check Luthrienrising’s Broken/Updated Mod list on the official forums to make sure you have the latest updates from all of your favorite creators! Additionally, you can check Sasha’s Mod Tracker.
❗ Never download mods from sites that host other people’s work without the creators permission. It’s disrespectful to the original creators to support sites like that because they try to profit from it by making you pay to not wait for the file that they didn’t even create. Plus, they’re not guaranteed working versions.
♦ Basemental Website ♦
I’ve seen a lot of people having issues with Basemental’s website. So, if you’re having trouble with his website (ex. receiving a 404 error), try hard refreshing the website:
- Click Ctrl+F5 or Ctrl+Shift+R on your keyboard.
If that doesn’t work you can try clearing your cookies/cache or using incognito mode.
♦ MSQ Sims Website Change ♦
All of MSQ’s mods are back on her blog. Her website (msqsims.com) has been removed. So, update your bookmarks.
♦ Congratulations to Icemunmun ♦
We would like to offer icemunmun congratulations on her new Baby MunMun:
Baby MunMun arrived on 16th Monday 😍♥️
— MunMun 📚📖🍷 (@icemunmun) December 21, 2019
Please keep in mind that this not a complete list. Also, if the same mod is created by two different modders, the one created first will be listed.
❗ Please note that installing 3rd party content may cause problems with your game. It is a good idea to properly research the use of mods and custom content before putting them into your game.
❗ While EA unofficially supports the modding community, they will not be held liable should any 3rd party content damage your PC or game.
❗ This list is here for informational purposes only. SimsVIP does not assume any liability should 3rd party content damage your PC or game.
❗ Always remember to remove mods and custom content before updating your game. Do NOT add mods back in unless they’re confirmed compatible.
♦ Gameplay Mods ♦
- Auto Beguile No Lockout – The Beguile reward trait will occur autonomously and will not have a cooldown period.
- Britechester Fanart Map – Replaces the default map with a beautiful artistic map.
- Custom Drink Cucumber Mint – Cold minty drink, directly from the fridge
- Custom Harvestable Turnip – Adds harvestable turnip and plant to the game.
- Custom Hot Beverage – Winter 2019 Edition – Custom hot beverages including Caramel Apple Cider and Gingerbread Latte.
- DJ Stays at Booth Longer – DJs won’t walk away because of their low needs.
- Forbidden Spells – Adds a new set of spells.
- Less Advertising Vendors/No Advertising Vendors – Modifies the amount of market stall vendors advertising.
- Less Ignored Holiday Traditions – Prevents Sims with certain traits from enjoying holiday traditions.
- More Roommates & Less Annoying Roommates! – This mod enhances your roommate gameplay to be better.
- No Auto Sauna WooHoo – Sims will no longer autonomously woohoo in the sauna.
- No Autonomous Play Computer – Stops Sims from autonomously playing on the computer.
- No Inspired Mood Animation – Disables Inspired animations.
- No Sad Holidays – Your sims won’t get a sad buff if they fail their holiday goals.
- No Unsatisfied HotTub Woohoo – Sims will no longer get the Unsatisfied buff when woohooing in the hot tub.
- Phone Fanatic Tweak – Sims with this fame quirk won’t get tense as often.
- San Myshuno Map Override – Adds more detail to the San Myshuno map.
- Stand to pee – Male Sims will stand up to pee more often.
- Talented Kids Sim Mods – Children can do more things like cooking, exercise, play guitar, etc.
- The Tome of the Fourth Sage (Ultimate Spellbook) – Grants you every Spell and Potion Recipe.
- Triple Speed Maid Fix – Fixes the game randomly speeding up caused by the maid situation.
- University cafeteria – Custom Food Options – Collection of mods to add some extra recipes and buy-able food to the University cafeteria Station.