There’s a new Sims 4 update available for PC/Mac and Consoles. If you have auto updates enabled in Origin’s “Application Settings”, the game will auto-update once you open Origin. If you have auto-updates disabled, you will need to manually update by clicking the game in your library.
To ensure your game is up to date, check the game version found in Documents > EA > The Sims 4 > GameVersion.txt. Your game should now read: PC: 188.8.131.520 / Mac: 184.108.40.2060 / Console: Version 1.43
If you’ve updated on PC/Mac but it’s not showing the correct version, delete the GameVersion.txt file, restart, and all will be corrected.
❗ Remove all MODS and Custom Content before updating your game ❗
Happy Summer everyone! We hope you are well wherever you are in the World. We have a Game Update that we hope you enjoy and some bug fixes.
Thanks again for your continued support and feedback! Stay cool and hydrated and if you are not in a warm season, stay warm and cozy.
Continuing our Summer of Sims, nothing says Summer like a music festival doesn’t it? Now you can experience them in The Sims! We welcome you to Sims Sessions with this update, a music festival where some of your favorite artists come together to entertain and to delight us with some of their most iconic songs. And we sure have a fantastic lineup for all of you!
Headlining the event, we have the award winning and critically acclaimed, two-time Grammy nominee, Bebe Rexha! She will be performing a magical, acoustic rendition of her song Sabotage.
Also performing we have Glass Animals, with their alternative, experimental sound that has captivated audiences across the globe. They will perform their top of the charts single Heat Waves.
Last but by no means least, is the soulful sound of Joy Oladokun! Recently deemed “2021 Artist to watch” by Amazon Music and NPR, Joy Oladokun’s words will stir all emotions and take you on a musical journey with the song breathe again.
Now that we have told you about our lineup, you must definitely NOT miss this event, I mean… Why would you? So let me tell you how to get there…
Sims Sessions will be hosted in Magnolia Blossom Park in Willow Creek on every Sunday (that is In Game Sunday), starting June 29 (TODAY) 10 a.m. PT to July 7 at 10 p.m. PT. Once Simmers load their game today (after updating the game of course) your Sims will get a message telling them about Sims Sessions (this will happen on in game Sunday in a new Save, but if you are not in a new save you will need to wait for it to be Sunday in your game after the Game Update), they will also receive a ticket in their inventory that they can view for more information and they will be able to travel to the location of the festival.
However, if your Sim is curious and absolutely cannot wait for the message, Sims can see the Sims Sessions pop up in the game in Willow Creek’s neighborhood map.
The festival venue will have vendors from which your Sims can buy merch and spots to relax and unwind while listening to amazing music.
We hope you enjoy this event! If you want to know more about Sims Sessions, you can visit the Sims Sessions website.
And with that we move on to the bug fixes…
- Our master gardeners treated a few of our plants so they no longer reset to a previous growth stage randomly. If only life worked that way…
- We fixed an issue where selected Create a Sim outfit parts on Sims were not showing up appropriately highlighted on the right side menu.
- Teens generated with the Play with Genetics options in Create a Sim will no longer have Crow’s feet.
- We have fixed an issue where Sims could not use stairs when Simmers deleted the floor of a fence block that was built around the stairs in the upper landing. It sounds like a mouthful, doesn’t it?
- Some of our new hair colors (Neutral Black, Warm Brown, Neutral Blonde, and Light Blonde specially) were creating some issues in some Create a Sim hairstyles when applied, making Sims’ teeth disappear (?????) or turn grey in some cases.
- Your Sims just LOVED their new hair colors, but noticed it also changed their eyelids and eyebrows instantly? I mean instant eyeliner is something I truly desire but we know that we needed to fix this one everyone, so indeed your Sims can no longer get automatic eyeliner and eyebrow colors from choosing a hair color.
- Fixed an issue where when Sims learned about the Likes and Dislikes of other Sims their Sim Profile became blank. I mean, unless they like or dislike nothing, that is… troubling.
- Invited NPC will now leave… eventually. You know that saying that some visitors start smelling like rotten fish after a certain amount of time? We had to tell the NPCs that well, they were a problem so now they should be leaving appropriately.
- I see a little silhouetto of a Sim, Skiing next to me – Omg, Omg, this is not a ghost tho? All the snow activities were really frightening me! All fixed now? Fixed now? MAGNIFICO OOOO.
- If you had noticed invisible Sims doing snow activities in your game because they switched boots on the slopes… worry not, it should be fixed.
Bust the Dust
- Sims with the Slob Trait can now complete the Fabulously Filthy Aspiration goal of Letting at least one floor level of your home become dirty! #goals?