There’s a new Sims 4 update available for PC/Mac and Consoles. If you have auto updates enabled in Origin’s “Application Settings”, the game will auto-update once you open Origin. If you have auto-updates disabled, you will need to manually update by clicking the game in your library.
To ensure your game is up to date, check the game version found in Documents > EA > The Sims 4 > GameVersion.txt. Your game should now read: 22.214.171.1240 / Mac: 126.96.36.1990 / Console: Version 1.48
If you’ve updated on PC/Mac but it’s not showing the correct version, delete the GameVersion.txt file, restart, and all will be corrected.
PC: 188.8.131.520 / Mac: 184.108.40.2060
Console: Version 1.48
We hope this Game Update finds you well!
As Summer has ended and the Pumpkin Spice season starts (you all know I’m ready for my pumpkin spiced coffee!), our Art Team has a treat for Simmers that love to build. If you are not an expert builder that is quite alright, I’m not either, but I do enjoy trying a few styles and choices so no worries in that regard.
Thanks again for your continued support, we truly appreciate it!
— LlamaGuruFrost 🦙 (@SimGuruFrost) September 21, 2021
149 assets – 1,200 vaaariants
149 assets – 1,200 variants to enjoy so dear
149 assets – 1,200 vaaariants
How do we tell you about these… easily?
In pictures, in writing, in cups of coffee.
In gameplay, in video, in pictures, in laughter.
In 149 items – 1,200 variants – how do you measure this new thing we did with this in hand?
How about you just show? Yes, how about you just show?
Don’t measure at all, just show.
Our art team took over this Game Update and they have added about 1,200 new variants (yes, you read me correctly, about 1,200 variants) to 149 Base Game items in Build Mode. The Art Team’s vision was to complement and enhance these assets so Simmers have more choices and have more use out of them. Also, why not?
I will list the names of the assets, with images, that we have added variants to. Huge props to SimGuruBeth for providing these fabulous screenshots! In these screenshots you will notice some arrows and green dots, those represent the new additions.
Ok – enough of me rambling about, are you all ready? <takes deep breath>
- Illusion Shades
- Flaunting Flounces Panels
- Minimalist Drapes
- Sooner or Ladder Contemporary Dining Chair
- Tabula Rasa Coffee Table
- Tabula Rasa End Table
- Tabula Rasa Console Table
- Grand Hall Dining Table
- Grand Designs Dining Table
- Simplicity Dining Table
- Square Meals Dining Table
- Floored by Symmetry Standing Mirror
- Carina Dining Hutch
- Simple Symmetry Bookcase
- Intellectual Illusion Wall-Mounted Bookshelves
- Great Wall Mirror
- Capped Wall Plank
- Dodecagon Contemporary Clock
- Honeycomb Bottle Holder
- On Phantom Wing Framed Art
- Apple of Your Eye Framed Watercolor
- Pear Essentials Framed Watercolor
- Terminus Reclaimed Pipe Towel Rack
- RAW Bookshelf
- Reclaimed Plank Shelf
- Wainscott Gardens Dining Cabinet
- Form & Function Industrial Coffee Table
- The Barnish Bed
- Boardwalk Trashcan
- CONCEPT Coffee Mug Rack
- Cluttered Mind Box Set
- GrammyFone Old-Fashioned Music Player
- In Session Novelty Chalkboard
- Three Framed Skeleton Keys
- Ordinary Things Shadowbox Display
- Cooking-U Pro
- Crisponix Ultragreat w/ Deluxe Crisper
- The Omniwaver
- Café Immodéré
- London’s Choice
- The YumCooker
- The Schmapple Oven
- The Schmapple Coffee
- Garbelle Wastebasket
- Popped Color Curtains – Left
- Popped Color Curtains – Right
- Sunny Shades – Left
- Sunny Shades – Right
- Junior Wizard Starter Set
- Mega Couple Of Books
- The Purple Protector Action Figure
- The Purple Pursuer Action Figure
- The Chessmaster
- Chess under the Stars Patio Table
- Grand Plans Chess Table
- Cabin Slats
- Simplicity Shade
- Limber Lumber Traditional Hardwoods
- Rustic Subfloor Slats
- Eco-Craft Hardwood Flooring
- ForestFine Wood Flooring
- Old World Wide Plank Flooring
- Herringbone Hardwood Flooring
- VAULT Modular Counter
- VAULT Modular Island
- VAULT Wall Cabinets
- VAULT Pro-Level Bar
- BlandCo Contemporary Counter
- BlandCo Contemporary Counter Island
- BlandCo Contemporary Cabinet
- Country Fieldstone
- Mega Stacked Stone
- Windowbox of Superiority
- Neighborly Windowbox
- Garden Planter Box
- Garden Pot
- Bonsai Tree
- Oopsa Daisies
- Red, Red Shrub
- Pink Aster Nots
- Purple Perennial Flowers
- Passion’s Kiss
- Baby’s Bottom Rose Bush
- Red, Red Rose Bush
And all 64 windows present in Base Game!
Whew, that was quite the list! And now to our bug fix of this Update.
The Sims 4
- Sims living that career lifestyle but their outfits were… not up to par? Were your Sims’ career wardrobe a bit stale as you moved up that career ladder? Not exactly dressing for success, right? No worries, we have fixed that issue and now all career levels should have appropriate outfits. Go you, good luck!