There’s a new Sims 4 update available for PC/Mac and Consoles. If you have auto updates enabled in Origin’s “Application Settings”, the game will auto-update once you open Origin. If you have auto-updates disabled, you will need to manually update by clicking the game in your library.
To ensure your game is up to date, check the game version found in Documents > EA > The Sims 4 > GameVersion.txt. Your game should now read: PC: 220.127.116.110 / Mac: 18.104.22.1680 / Console: Version 1.51
If you’ve updated on PC/Mac but it’s not showing the correct version, delete the GameVersion.txt file, restart, and all will be corrected.
PC: 22.214.171.1240 / Mac: 126.96.36.1990
Console: Version 1.51
Hope you are all well and safe wherever you are in the World.
We start 2022 with the season of Simthing to Celebrate, or as I call it – Confetti Season, and we started it not only with a Sims Delivery in early January but now, with a game update!
We hope this new year brings everyone happiness. To me, every new year is a chance for new beginnings, and new wishes. Not going to deny that this year hits a bit different and more so than the past, and as I’m writing these notes I feel a bit nostalgic even, but without losing the optimism that the new year brings.
I hope you all have a great start of the year and, and well of course, the months to come. We have a fantastic year ahead in all things Sims, and we look forward to sharing it with all of you, and for you all to enjoy.
Thank you for your continued support and feedback and, remember, have fun!
This game update might not be a big endeavor, but it will allow us to get the year started.
As today we announced the Carnaval Streetwear Kit, we want to start getting into the spirit of it. For this we have added a new Radio Station – named aptly Carnaval Beats – so your Sims (and you) can enjoy the festive rhythm inspired by Brazil’s Carnaval on your favorite in-game stereo.
NOW ON TO THE FIXES…
The Sims 4
- If your Sims are the type of those who aspire to be Villainous Valentines – now they can Convince to Leave Spouse to count toward that goal. #sorrynotsorry
- We added text to some items that were missing text completely when found via the bb.showhiddenobjects cheat across multiple packs.
- In the spirit of love and not breaking relationships apart… too much, Sims will no longer get a call from their romantic partner asking for advice on what to do with a possible pending engagement proposal from that same Sim. Can you imagine? Awkward…
- We fixed an issue in which translated text for Cottage Living Likes and Dislikes was not being displayed in all languages except English.
Journey to Batuu
- Sims with certain traits that affect gig compensation will now receive proper galactic credit payout for completed missions on Batuu. Because your Sims are worth it, and so are you!