There’s a new Sims 4 update available for PC/Mac and Consoles. If you have auto updates enabled in Origin’s “Application Settings”, the game will auto-update once you open Origin. If you have auto-updates disabled, you will need to manually update by clicking the game in your library.
To ensure your game is up to date, check the game version found in Documents > EA > The Sims 4 > GameVersion.txt. Your game should now read: PC: 220.127.116.110 / Mac: 18.104.22.1680 / Console: Version 1.52
If you’ve updated on PC/Mac but it’s not showing the correct version, delete the GameVersion.txt file, restart, and all will be corrected.
Sul Sul, Simmers!
We hope these patch notes find you well wherever you are right now.
Before we get started, the team just wanted to take a moment to say “Dag Dag” to our previous patch notes guardian, SimGuruRuskii! We’ve had a lot of fun with your update notes, and we appreciate everything that you have done for us over the past decade! We will dearly miss you!
So, with that being said, *takes a very deep breath* we hope you all had a fantastic Valentine’s Day and that your Sims got into the mood because wedding season is around the corner! This patch brings some bug fixes and updates to prepare for My Wedding Stories Game Pack’s release in two days. We hope you’ll enjoy creating extraordinary experiences for your Sims! It will be fantastic to see all the wedding venues that you will create on the Gallery!
As usual, thank you all for your continued support and feedback, and – most importantly – have fun!
Are your Sims looking for love? Maybe they’ve already found it? With this update, your Sims have a new relationship option in Create a Sim. Sims can start out Engaged if they set their relationship to Fiancé. With this new relationship option, your Sims will be ready to experience the upcoming My Wedding Stories Game Pack to its fullest.
Do you love Weddings? What about building? If you do, we’ve got you covered. There is a new Wedding Venue lot type that can be created by anyone who owns The Sims 4. Love knows no bounds and neither do Wedding Venues.
We heard you like music… The World station is now available for everyone, with four new songs added with My Wedding Stories in mind. Previous World station songs will continue to be part of their original pack, but everyone can enjoy these new songs as part of the base game experience. Additionally, the perfect love song that was featured in the My Wedding Stories trailer is available on the Romance station for anyone who is looking to listen to it over and over again.
There are also a few Create a Sim item updates for all players. To support My Wedding Stories, we’ve added a few new items plus additional color swatches to some older ones. New items include a bindi, a toddler full body swimsuit, and french tip nails. We have updated 10 items with a variety of new colors, spanning all ages and genders:
- 5 dresses for Women
- 2 Suit Jackets for Men
- 1 Suit for Children
- 1 Suit for Toddlers
- 1 Dress for Children
- cfBody_FP01Dress (Free Holiday Pack)
Additionally in Build Buy you will see that the two Base Game wedding arches and the Pergola now come in a few more colors.
The Sims 4
- Male Celebrity Sims will no longer use the feminine walking or jogging walk style unless that’s what you prefer them to do.
- Clicking on a Sim’s face in Create a Sim will take you to the general Face, Hair or Accessories selection mode now instead of taking you to the Detail Edit Mode straight away. Sims do also deserve a little personal space.
- Improved performance when switching from Live to Build Mode in certain cases.
- Fences should no longer disappear when hovering a gate over them after using the bb.moveobjects cheat.
- Playing with Genetics in Create a Sim will no longer generate Teens with crow’s feet skin details. There are so many things that teenagers worry about – crow’s feet shouldn’t be one of those things.
- Error 142: 9a63747c should no longer appear in future saves when loading certain lots.
- Sim can move or travel to lots after returning from a concert now without getting stuck in the Manage World screen.
- Selecting the yfHair_SP19CurlyUndercut_Red hair style for your Sim in Create a Sim will no longer apply the color of the hair to the Sim’s eyelashes.
- Children should have matching eye colors of their parents now if both parents have purple or red eyes.
- Some players reported an error saying “Entitlement missing” when attempting to move or delete walls of Lots placed from the Gallery. This error should no longer occur.
- Obese Sims’ upper bodies should no longer shrink in size when zooming out while wearing specific outfits (ymTop_EF15ShirtCollared & yfBody_SP16Pajama).
- Turning off the console legend option in the game options menu will now properly hide controller hints from time control and Sim selectors.
- Long nails no longer poke through the gloves of certain outfits.
- Fixed some issues that may cause an endless loading screen when attempting to load certain lots or saves.
- The Create a Sim interface was a little slow when loading thumbnails and color swatches in the hair section. We made some tweaks, and the images should load much faster now.
- There was a funky toddler thumbnail displayed under the Accessories section for toddlers. This thumbnail did not serve any purpose and has been removed. Enough funk for you, sneaky toddler.
- Heeled shoes no longer appear glitched while wearing ymBottom_EF28JeansSkinTight pants.
- Grim Reaper now possesses the emotional fortitude to deal with the death of two animals at the same time. Life can be harsh buddy, I know.
Pants ymBottom_EP11PantsCorduroy_SolidGinger should now properly appear when selecting the masculine filter. We also updated the fit on feminine frames.
- The yfHair_EP11BunTwists_broen hairstyle should no longer create white lines on your Sims face when selecting this hair style in Create a Sim.
- Toddler shorts pfBottom_EP11ShortsDrawstring no longer show a gap between upper and lower body.
- Wisteria and Ivy plants placed against a wall inside a room appeared darker in some spots than they should have. We shed some light on those plants and they should appear much better now.
- Lots in Evergreen Harbor should now have some proper ground beneath them when accessed through build mode and the world should not look like it’s underwater any longer.
- The yfTop_EP08CardiganButtonup top now works properly with boots.
Dream Home Decorator
- Dress yfBody_GP10DressSuspender_SquareNavy no longer causes discoloration on certain shoes.
- GP10SkinnyJeanFlanel pants look fabulous combined with boots now.
- The ymBottom_GP10WorkPants should now be properly resizable on male Sims.
- The Mid Century Style Filter will include items from all packs now, not just from Dream Home Decorator.
- Switching from Build and Buy Mode to Live mode and back to Build and Buy mode while working on an Interior Decorator gig, caused the amount of Simoleons already spent not to be deducted from the Client budget. This has been fixed now and the Client budget should always account for already spent Simoleons.
Star Wars: Journey to Batuu
- We fixed an issue that caused Batuu Credits to be falsely displayed as Simoleons in the Household Funds.
- You can harvest Bizarre Fruits from Bizarre Plants now. ΜØŦĦ€Ř… ĆΔŁŁŞ ŦØ Μ€…
- Sims with the Self-care Specialist Aspiration can sell Harvestables without issues now.
- There was some discrepancy in Perk points shown for business owner Sim in the “Owned Business” menu vs. the “Restaurant Perks”. The “Owned Business” menu will show the correct number of remaining Perk points going forward.
- Toddlers should no longer have a bald spot on their head when wearing hair styles from Tiny Living. Hair clippers should be stored outside the reach of children.
Blooming Rooms Kit
- Some plants from the Blooming Rooms Kit were updated to not cast a wrong shadow any longer.
Fashion Street Kit
- Pants ymBottom_SP24ShortsTied & ymBottom_SP24PantsLayered do also no longer cause clipping when paired with boots.
Courtyard Oasis Kit
- The Star of Paradise Fountain can be found in the Build & Buy catalog now when applying the Kits filter.