There’s a new Sims 4 update available for PC/Mac and Consoles. If you have auto updates enabled in Origin’s “Application Settings”, the game will auto-update once you open Origin. If you have auto-updates disabled, you will need to manually update by clicking the game in your library.
To ensure your game is up to date, check the game version found in Documents > EA > The Sims 4 > GameVersion.txt. Your game should now read: PC: 184.108.40.2060 / Mac: 220.127.116.110 / Console: Version 1.64
If you’ve updated on PC/Mac but it’s not showing the correct version, delete the GameVersion.txt file, restart, and all will be corrected.
PC: 18.104.22.1680 / Mac: 22.214.171.1240
Console: Version: 1.64
This update resolves a few issues including the one of the game not saving under certain circumstances. Happy Simming!
– The Sims Team
The Sims 4
- Children, teens, young adults, and adult Sims who blow out the candles on their cake now should age up reliably. Happy birthday! We still are investigating the problem for toddlers.
High School Years
- Feel like you are going backwards in time after visiting the Thrift Shop? It turns out that some mods were preventing the game from saving. We’ve made the store more accommodating to external content. We have seen some of you who do not play with mods reporting this problem. If you continue to encounter the issue, please let us know on AnswersHQ.
- Freelance Crafters can now send fabricated items via “Send to client for approval…” from computers to complete the “Send your finished work to the client” career task.
- Sims trying to get indoors during a blizzard now walk appropriately. Stay warm!
- DJs and Mixologists no longer leave their booth unattended when a Celebrity attempts to build up Fame through “Perform <scene> for Tips” or Dance Battles. “Starve your distractions; feed your focus.”