There’s a new game update for The Sims 4! This one comes in preparation for The Sims 4 Home Chef Hustle Stuff Pack release on Thursday (September 28th).
As it’s been previously announced, the patch brings a new design for the “cook” menu, for easier navigation. It also allows sims to bake cupcakes in any oven (#FreeTheCupcakes).
The update also brings a few bug fixes, as promised on the latest Laundry List.
If you have auto updates enabled in Origin’s “Application Settings”, the game will auto-update once you open Origin. If you have auto-updates disabled, you will need to manually update by clicking the game in your library.
To ensure your game is up to date, check the game version found in Documents > EA > The Sims 4 > GameVersion.txt. Your game should now read: PC: 1.101.290.1030 / Mac: 1.101.290.1230 / Console: Version 1.81.2
Ciao, Dia Dhaoibh, Hola, Hej Hej, Moikka, Привіт, Sveiki, Merhaba, Hello and Sul Sul, Simmers!
In just a few days we’ll be turning up the heat and getting cooking with the release of The Sims 4 Home Chef Hustle Stuff Pack. There are some fresh Base Game updates and bug fixes rolling out to make the experience even better. Get hungry!
-The Sims 4 Team
Today’s update has a variety of improvements across different features in the game.
The Recipe UI has received a well deserved update, bringing filtering to your fingertips. Now you can filter recipes by: “All, vegetarian, lactose free, meat, seafood, and sweets!”
Let them eat (cup)cakes!
Speaking of sweets… this update includes freeing the sweetest treat, cupcakes! Your Sims can now prepare delicious cupcakes by using an oven, in addition to the traditional method of using the Whipped Dream Cupcake Factory. Plus, Toddlers can now experience the joy of eating a delicious cupcake.
We’ve delved deep into cooking, recipes, and ingredients. Expect to see the quality of food that’s prepared better reflect your Sim’s skill level, current mood, and appliance quality. Additionally, recipes across the Cooking, Gourmet Cooking, and Baking skills have been updated to better utilize more of the expected ingredients of the food that’s being prepared. One example of these updates: Players who own both Cottage Living and Get To Work can use the sugar, flour, and egg ingredients from the former with the baking recipes from the latter.
The updates don’t stop there. We gave the Cool Kitchen Stuff Pack some love too! I scream, you scream, now Child Sims can scream for Ice Cream! Child Sims can now use the Sweet Tooth Ice Cream Machine.
One last update we’d like to tell you about relates to the Small Appliances in game. We’ve added the ability for many different small appliances to be dragged around within the game world while in Live Mode, as well as being able to place small appliances into your Sim’s inventory to take them with you on your travels. Find the full list of compatible appliances below:
- The Wavescatter
- The Food Annihilator
- The Omniwaver
- The Schmapple Micro
- Luxe Drink Tray
- Sugar Kane Popcorn Popper
- Summer Drink Tray
- Sweet Tooth Ice Cream Machine
- Fountain of Mirth
- The Gravy Fountain Mark IV Stand
- Vintage Glamour Beverage Fountain
- Blazin’ Ladles’ Over The Counter Oven
- “No Space” Electric Oven Space Saver
The Sims 4
- Garden plants now should remain as plants instead of sometimes crumbling into piles of dirt. Be strong and live your best life, garden buds!
- Visual effects for Sim Traits in Create a Sim have returned from an unplanned summer holiday.
- Some text was updated to properly gush about Newborns.
- Take a big whiff, we’re growing trash! Trash Fruit will now properly grow from any pile of trash outside, no matter its source.
- It was getting a little lonely out there! Sims will once again receive calls and invitations from other Sims and NPCs.
- We all were very hungry working on this update. But not so hungry that vegetarians would eat meat! Your Vegetarian Sims should no longer grab meals that upset their stomachs when using the “Get Leftovers” interaction.
- Gelatin Rainbow Cake isn’t Vegetarian?! We’ve updated a lot of recipes that weren’t properly flagged as Vegetarian-Safe – and some that shouldn’t have been flagged in the first place.
- Bees will no longer become Enraged or Irritated after applying Mite Treatment. They will BEE a little more grateful to their caretaker Sim!
- Photographs taken following today’s patch will no longer turn black when stored in the Storage Box.
- Some vegetables weren’t being recognized as vegetables for recipe ingredients! We’ve fixed this; make as many vegetable based dishes as your heart desires!
- Now your Sims can make more informed choices on if they want to suffer the consequences of eating dairy when they are Lactose Intolerant. We’ve done a large update to food for a more accurate Lactose Free experience.
High School Years
- Set your boundaries! There should be fewer invitations to become BFF with other Sims.
- Photographs taken following today’s patch will no longer turn black when stored in the Basic Keepsake Box and the Truly Ornate Keepsake Box.
- Ranch Hands now stay hired until you dismiss them.
- Riders going from using Horse Barrels or Horse Jumps to doing something on foot no longer sometimes linger on horseback.
- When using the Sugar Kane Popcorn Popper, Sims will now have visibility into what Cooking skill level they must reach to be able to prepare the various popcorn recipes.