Sims 3 Community Blog: Welcome To Moonlight Falls!
Posted by Sims 3 Supernatural Category

Blog Link

Some may call this town sleepy and slightly off the map, and tourists may pass through quickly due to the ‘odd’ Sims who call the town home. However, for the residents of Moonlight Falls, their town is unlike any other with its towering falls, foggy hills, and mysteries that lurk around every corner.

Moon

Moonlight Falls is a scenic escape filled with great places for exploring and hunting. While the natural surroundings of this town are quite beautiful, those seeking a lively setting will find a number of new venues to venture into to meet the locals and research some of the town’s eerie past. Let’s take a quick tour to see what venues await in Moonlight Falls!

The warm homey atmosphere of The Toadstool makes it a great place to unwind. Grab a rocking chair by the fire or take a seat on the upstairs balcony for a perfect people watching location.

Moon

For a howling good time, give Varg’s Tavern a try. This old converted warehouse is now deemed the local ‘supernatural hangout’ and a great place to grab a juice or pick a fight.

Moon

While the Red Velvet Lounge might not look like much on the outside, this vampire lounge sits on prime real estate near the river, and is known as one of the more posh locales to enjoy some plasma or get down on the dance floor.

Moon

Want to practice a little alchemy, pick up a new elixir recipe or buy that rare ingredient? Aleister’s Elixirs and Sundries, named after the historical Alchemist Aleister Krummly, is the one stop shop for all your elixir needs! This is also the place to put your elixirs up for sale if you want to make some cash with your alchemy skill.

Moon

Fae Ray Arboretum is a nature-lover’s paradise. Explore the grounds, read a book in the shade of your favorite tree or listen to the calming sounds of the fountains in this beautiful park. Inside the actual Arboretum you can search for fairies, take a tour or even play fairy games. For the competitive gardener, the Arboretum hosts frequent gardening competitions – enter your best produce and possibly win a prize!

Moon

For Sims with more intellectual interests, a visit to the Library of Lore & Vault of Antiquity is sure to satisfy even the greatest thirst for knowledge. Sims looking for ‘unique’ information can bypass the library building and head straight to the Vault of Antiquity. Trivia competitions and alchemy classes are just a few of the things to do in this historical location.

Moon

Watch the sun set from Moonlight Point or take a walk along La Shove Beach with your werewolf pals to truly appreciate the beauty nature has to offer.

Moon

Now that you’ve seen a few of the fun places to visit, let’s meet a couple of the new neighbors! The families in Moonlight Falls are a colorful cast of characters with rich histories and quirky traits.

Two cornerstone families in Moonlight Falls are the Van Goulds and Wolffs. Due to an unclear point in history, both Ayden Van Gould and Pappy Wolff have been attributed to being the Moonlight Falls’ town founder. This has caused an unfortunate feud between the two families, a feud that the younger generations seem determined to overcome.

Moon

The three Crumplebottom sisters are very different in both appearance and attitude. Beatrice is the oldest and very set in her grumpy ways. Belinda is as good natured a person as you could ever meet and often fills the role of family peacekeeper. Meanwhile Bianca is a bit of a spitfire and all about flirting her way through life. These witchy siblings can cast some serious magical mojo; that is when they aren’t squabbling over whose turn it is to wash the dishes!

Moon

The Goodfellow family is known as the town pranksters. Flora, Pip and Dahlia just love humans (and pulling some major jokes on their unsuspecting neighbors)! The newest addition to the Goodfellow family, little Fawn, may not have her own wings, but her parents think she’s something super special.

Moon

Who is this mysterious trio of ghosts and their human roommate? Could they have ties to any historical Sims families?

Moon

Thanks for taking a little tour of Moonlight Falls with me. We’ve only touched the tip of the iceberg today as there is tons more to see and discover in The Sims 3 Supernatural. We’re excited for you to see it all so check back soon for more details to be shared about the game!

-Brittany Henry, Associate Producer, The Sims 3 Supernatural

« Older Comments
1 2
  1. chantelle says:

The new hangout places looks awesome !!!

2. jadeisallama says:

La Shove beach? What a thinly veiled Twilight reference xD

3. Loving all the hangout spots – and that Arboretum looks beautiful! I’m really excited about this town; it looks different to anything we’ve been offered before. I just love the whole look and feel of the place!

4. Celebie says:

~Doesn’t the crumplebottom sister resemble the Halliwell sisters in both appearance and story!!!~

5. ShadysimSassygirl says:

AWESOME GHOST!!!! Lol La Shove…..
    This looks awesome! I think the 3 ghosts and a human one maybe the Spectors??? THe town looks super kewl! No plant sims and aliens though… :( I’ll live though!
    Moonlight Falls soo cosy!! For once in my life…I can’t wait for Septemember

6. Sithina says:

Love the phone booths! If those are a nod to the TARDIS, I officially love this EP more than any computer game out there. XD And hey, extra love for time travel woohoo possibilities! lol :P

7. Amanda says:

I really need to step up my “get a new computer” game here. I’ve fallen behind on my SPs & EPs cause my laptops system just can’t handle them all. I’m loving this new town! I love the references to today’s pop culture i.e True Blood, Twilight, Teen Wolf!! I want seasons just as much as any simmer, but I say kodos EA on this EP! :)

8. Tyler says:

I can’t stop rereading this! And now that I know that the third death is from a mysterious plant, I’m bouncing off the walls!

9. Sam says:

Even tho it’s not in the pictures, I’m excited for magical pets. And since I never got the pets expansion pack
    i’m excited for pets in general. Also the fairy hangout looks beautiful and I hope that white and blue building isn’t a rabbit hole. i’m getting the game so soon. hopefully 2morow but probably not. I’m just so excited as r a lot of u. happy simming! :)

• kaity says:

Theres going to be magical pets?? that would be the best but r u sure?? where did u read that?

• SimmerDown says:

No one said there was going to be magical pets.. -_- there are no Pets in this EP whatsoever.. and if by “this game” you mean Supernatural, it doesn’t come out until Sept 4th, get your facts right dude.

10. Sam says:

the bridge in the first picture at the very top looks awfully familiar….

11. Sam says:

I think Pip, the boy fairy was transforming either to or fro tiny fairy form

12. charley says:

i don’t think there is magical pets. Pretty sure i read it somewhere.

Only the witches familiars.

13. TheSpeaker says:

I think the Crumplebottom Witches are also definitely a reference to the Charmed sisters. All of three them had names starting with a P, and one of them even owned a club called P3. These are all B’s. I really do like the references. Adds a bit of depth to the characters and their stories.

I can’t wait to get that vampire club in my game. I hope it adds a mixologist for those of us who have Late Night.

« Older Comments