There’s a new Sims 4 update available now in Origin. If you have automatic updates enabled in Origin’s “Application Settings”, the game will auto update once you open Origin. If you have auto updates disabled, you will need to manually update by clicking on the game in your library.
To ensure your game is up to date, check the game version found in Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 > GameVersion.txt. Your game should now read: 1.0.728.0. If you have updated but it is not showing the correct game version, start the game, shut it down, and then it will be corrected.
Remove all MODS and Custom Content before updating your game
Bug Fixes / Issues:
- Fixed some issues related to error codes 102 and 122–Fixed an issue that prevents loading an auto-saved game directly from the “Load Game” menu.
- Fixed some instances of disappearing Sims.
Did you know?
- You can change your camera preferences in the Options panel to use the The Sims 3 Camera control scheme. [Ctrl] + [Shift] + [Tab] will also toggle between The Sims 4 and The Sims 3camera settings.
- Looking for more Tips & Tricks? View our Player Guide here.
The Sims 4 includes a default global focus option that increases/decreases the amount of game blur in the distance. When enabled, the game will auto focus on the active lot and slowly blur in the distance.
Caution: Disabling “Post Processing Effects” may require more processing requirements from your PC. Since it is unclear to me what exactly EA is doing behind the “blur”, it would be best to leave this enabled if your game does not meet the minimum system requirements.
Always remember to restart your game after enabling and disabling post processing effects.
TwistedMexican has just released the “Move Objects On” mod for The Sims 4. He has also included the ability to destroy the mailbox, so be sure to check out the mod page for more information on this mod.
Note: This mod does not enable moving objects into walls. With the new “room” system, walls are a separate entity that needs to be worked on. TwistedMexican hopes to have this functionality added in at a later date. Same with picking up and moving Sims.
Not a big dip in the price, but The Sims 4 Limited Edition is about $10 off on Amazon.com
One of the most used cheats is headlineeffects off. Unfortunately in The Sims 4, it only removes the thought bubbles and not the floating Plumbob above your Sims. Guru’s are aware of the bug and are working to get it sorted, but in the meantime, Reddit user Alzeric has posted instructions on making the plumbob invisible.
1) Open the following folder: Computer > Programs (x86) > Origin Games > The Sims 4 > Game > Bin
2) Inside the “Bin” folder is a file called “Default.ini”.
3) Create a backup of this file by using the Copy/Paste function, and paste the file to your desktop.
4) Rename the file on your desktop to DeafultOriginal.ini. This saves the original file data as is.
5) Open the Default.ini file in the “Bin” folder with Notepad
6) Change the RED numbers to zero value. Including the decimal: 0.00
playeractivecolor = 0.43, 0.78, 0.12, 1.00 # green
otheractivecolor = 0.00, 0.33, 1.00, 1.00 # light aqua
notactivecolor = 0.00, 0.00, 1.00, 1.00 # blue
npccolor = 0.86, 0.86, 0.86, 1.00 # light gray
interactionnegativecolor = 1.00, 0.00, 0.00, 1.00 # red
interactionpositivelocalcolor = 0.80, 1.00, 0.75, 1.00 # bright green
interactionpositivenonlocalcolor = 0.94, 1.00, 1.00, 1.00 # bright blue
motivestatered = 1.00, 0.00, 0.00, 1.00 # red
motivestateorange = 1.00, 0.50, 0.00, 1.00 # orange
motivestateyellow = 1.00, 1.00, 0.00, 1.00 # yellow
socialgroup = 1.00, 1.00, 1.00, 0.50 # white translucent
Save the file and the plumbobs will no longer be visible in game. If you would like to learn more about altering specific plumbob colors, check out Alzeric’s full guide on changing plumbob colors.
These are the 95 different skin tones on just 1 of the Sims 4 Skin Colors! I put a red square around the skin tone I used in the picture below. That means there are an additional 17 skin colors available for you to put these skin color overlays on! Overall that is 1710 different skin shades!
Many of you have been asking how I spawned collectibles for the guides, so this post contains instructions on how to do it yourself. Read the following warnings/cautions before attempting to spawn anything in game.
Spawning collectibles is done at your own risk.
This list is here for informational purposes only. SimsVIP and TwistedMexican do not assume any liability should spawning objects damage your game.
Save your active games and Sims 4 Folder BEFORE attempting to spawn anything.
Spawning collectibles is best done on an empty lot. Having a full lot will sometimes spawn the objects outside the lot, which cannot be easily removed.
Collectibles usually spawn in the center of the lot. Some collectibles spawn on top of each other.
Spawned collectibles may not sell via the inventory panel. Try Build/Buy Mode.
Sometimes a collection will show as “complete” with a collectible’s image missing. Save your game, exit to the main menu, and load the game again to fix the issue.
Spawned items will not transfer with your Sims if you move them to a new lot.
You may encounter other random bugs with the objects you spawn.
I’d like to note that I have not personally experienced any game breaking issues with spawning, but the warnings have to be in place regardless. Sometimes things do go wrong.
Each week we will will compile a list of mods that have been released to help make your gaming experience more pleasant and unique. Be sure to use The Sims 4 Mods Category Tag for future reference.
Please note that installing 3rd party content may cause problems with your game. It is a good idea to properly research the use of mods and custom content before putting them into your game.
While EA unofficially supports the modding community, they will not be held liable should any 3rd party content damage your PC or game.
This list is here for informational purposes only. SimsVIP does not assume any liability should 3rd party content damage your PC or game.
Always remember to remove mods and custom content before updating your game
I have put up pages with all 13 collections and collectibles. Please note that I am still working on the “Mini Guide” and “How/Where To Find” portions of 5 of these lists, as well as some of the related skills.
Quick note: I spawned a many of the collectibles in order to create the lists. There are some things not working in game and some items you will not be able to collect. I’ve been reporting my findings to the Gurus to help them quickly pin point the issues, so hopefully they are fixed soon.
• Grafting is broken which makes Dragonfruit and Birds of Paradise bugged. Same with the Cowplant berry, but there are other ways to collect it.
• The Space Rocks Collection isn’t awarding the collection plaque
• Plaintains are a collectible, but not part of the gardening collection set
• Bonsai Buds are the “duplicate” blackberry photo in the gardening collection, but we do not yet know if these were meant to be an actual collectible. (Even though they complete the Gardening Collection)
Used in the video below…
• Modern Deco Objects: (Download)
• Betty Boop by Zakeira (The Sims 4 Gallery)
• Acne: (Download)
• Super Long Hair w/Bangs: (Download)
• Simsperience Tops for Males: (Download)
• Simsperience Tops for Children (Download)