Each week we will will compile a list of mods that have been released to help make your gaming experience more pleasant and unique. Be sure to use The Sims 4 Mods Category Tag for future reference.
Please note that installing 3rd party content may cause problems with your game. It is a good idea to properly research the use of mods and custom content before putting them into your game.
While EA unofficially supports the modding community, they will not be held liable should any 3rd party content damage your PC or game.
This list is here for informational purposes only. SimsVIP does not assume any liability should 3rd party content damage your PC or game.
Always remember to remove mods and custom content before updating your game
EA is currently seeking candidates to fill a Designer position at Maxis, and the role of this job is to “design and create user-facing content in a brand new Sims title”. While we don’t have solid confirmation of a Sims 4 Expansion in the works, this latest career listing pretty much confirms the obvious.
As a Technical Designer, you’ll be working with a large (but tight-knit) team of enthusiastic industry professionals from all walks of life. Your job will be to design and create user-facing content in a brand new Sims title using our internal scripting tools.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Creative Content Design.
- Design and create compelling and intuitive experiences that unleash player creativity and allow each player to craft a unique game experience.
- Be resourceful with the tools available to you to implement unique and fun experiences.
- Actively participate in brainstorm sessions with the design team and document details on the team wiki.
- Script scalable solutions for content.
- Create re-usable design patterns for future content creation.
- Collect and analyze feedback from other designers or producers to identify where gameplay falls short of expectations and iterate on those parts of the design.
- Collaborate with artists, animators, modelers, engineers, producers, and scripters to find creative and effective solutions to problems.
- Be proactive.
- Know the Game and Community. The Sims has a huge community and a long history. Learn and represent their desires and views for past, current, and future projects.
By now, hopefully you’ve heard about the release of POOLS and have had a chance to jump in and experience them in game. If you haven’t yet, I really encourage you login to Origin to update The Sims 4* and check them out. You’ll find that there’s a lot of great stuff to explore, from a brand new “Swimwear” category in Create A Sim to flexible build options in Build Mode and fun Sim interactions – such as my favorite, the ability to Splash Sims sitting on the edge of a pool!
However, as the Build Producer, I thought it would be most helpful to provide you with some of my favorite tips for creating amazing looking pools. I hope you find them useful!!
Hi Guys – I wanted to give you some basics on how to get into Emotions and leverage your Sims’ surroundings to have greater control over their Emotions. We’re really excited that Emotions allows us to fuse Live and Build Modes in new ways.
One of the best ways (and most common) to get your Sim to enter an Emotion is the Shower! You can use the Shower to have your Sim become Flirty, Energized, or Inspired.
Fun Tip: As many careers require Focus, get a Computer and have your Sim Browse Simpedia.
So, my Sim is now Flirty because of the shower she just took. I bought her an Easel so that she can create a Flirty Painting. You’ll see this option appear with the little pink nub on the pie menu.
When purchasing the standard edition of The Sims 4 over at Green Man Gaming, use voucher code 23XGMG-SLICKD-EALSXX to get 23% off ($13.79) your purchase. Codes are emailed and are to be redeemed on Origin.
With Black Friday slowly creeping up on us, Target has already launched a Buy 2 get 1 Free Promotion on select video games. Be aware that although certain titles are excluded from the online sale, you may be able to grab them at your local Target store. Look for the “Buy 2 Get the 3rd FREE” tag when shopping online.
Gottadeal.com has just posted Target’s 2014 Black Friday Ad, and The Sims 4 is included in this one-day sale for $35. There are currently no details on which Editions of the game will be sold at this price.