- Advertisement -
The Sims 4: Game Options (Menu)
- Sims – Adjusts the level of detail of Sims.
- Objects – Adjusts the level of detail on objects
- Lighting – Adjusts the quality of lighting and shadows.
- Reflections – Adjusts the quality of reflections on water and mirrors.
- Visual Effects – Adjusts the quality of swarm particles
- Edge Smoothing – Adjusts the anti-aliasing. Higher settings make edges appear softer, but also reduce game performance.
- 3D scene resolution – Adjusts the 3D object resolution without reducing UI resolution.
- View Distance – Controls how far out the world is drawn.
- Uncompressed Sim Textures – Enabled using uncompressed Sim texture (tick box)
- Post processing effects – Enables global focus, lighting, and shadowing effects
- Laptop Mode – Enables faster rendering and reduces visual quality.
- Autonomy (Off / Full) – Adjusts the level of free will that Sims demonstrate. When Off, Sims will only react to events in order to preserve heir own lives.
- Disable Autonomy for Selected Sim – Disabled Autonomy for the selected household member, while other Sims roam free with Autonomy On.
- Auto Age (Played Sims) – Yes no Only Active Household. – Enables Sims to age over time. If disabled your Sims will not age up.
- Auto Age (Unplayed Sims) – Tick – Enables unplayed Sims to age over time. If disabled your Sims will not age up.
- Sim Lifespan – Long Normal Short – Adjusts the lifespan of your Sims. The higher settings the longer your Sims live.
- Traditional Social menu (tick/untick) – Enables legacy style pie menu, grouping actions by type rather than by contextual relevance.
- Memories Helper (tick/untick) – Enables visual prompts to capture memories.
- Fill Empty Homes (tick/untick) – Toggle the automatic NPC population of Empty Homes in the Neighborhood.
Controls and Camera
- Edge Scrolling – Enables the camera to move when the mouse cursor is near the edge of the screen
- Sims 3 camera – Set the camera to use The Sims 3 settings such as middle mouse button pitch control
- Invert Horizontal Rotation – Inverts the horizontal camera Rotation
- Invert Vertical Rotation – Inverts the vertical camera rotation controls.
- Capture Size – Small Medium Large
- Capture Quality – Low Medium High Uncompressed
- Capture UI (tick/untick) – Add/Remove UI for recording
- Sound effects
- UI Sounds
Memories and Pictures
- Capture UI (tick/untick) – Add/Remove UI for screen capture
- Online Access
- Online Notifications
- Auto Reconnect
- Share User Data
- Mods – Script/Non-Script (Popup) “Maxis does not pre-screen or support Mods. Please use with caution – Supports mods