EA is currently seeking candidates to fill a Designer position at Maxis, and the role of this job is to “design and create user-facing content in a brand new Sims title”. While we don’t have solid confirmation of a Sims 4 Expansion in the works, this latest career listing pretty much confirms the obvious.
As a Technical Designer, you’ll be working with a large (but tight-knit) team of enthusiastic industry professionals from all walks of life. Your job will be to design and create user-facing content in a brand new Sims title using our internal scripting tools.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Creative Content Design.
- Design and create compelling and intuitive experiences that unleash player creativity and allow each player to craft a unique game experience.
- Be resourceful with the tools available to you to implement unique and fun experiences.
- Actively participate in brainstorm sessions with the design team and document details on the team wiki.
- Script scalable solutions for content.
- Create re-usable design patterns for future content creation.
- Collect and analyze feedback from other designers or producers to identify where gameplay falls short of expectations and iterate on those parts of the design.
- Collaborate with artists, animators, modelers, engineers, producers, and scripters to find creative and effective solutions to problems.
- Be proactive.
- Know the Game and Community. The Sims has a huge community and a long history. Learn and represent their desires and views for past, current, and future projects.