There’s a new Sims 4 update available in Origin. If you have automatic updates enabled in the “Application Settings”, the game will auto-update once you open Origin. If you have auto-updates disabled, you will need to manually update by clicking the game in your library.
To ensure your game is up to date, check the game version found in Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 > GameVersion.txt. Your game should now read: Version 184.108.40.2060 (PC) / 220.127.116.110 (Mac). If you’ve updated but it’s not showing the correct version, delete the GameVersion.txt file, restart, and all will be corrected.
❗ Remove all MODS and Custom Content before updating your game ❗
Update: 1/7/2016 – PC Version 18.104.22.1680 / Mac Version 22.214.171.1240
Happy year of the new, Simmers! We have a short and sweet release this fine 7th of January, like a New Year’s Eve peck – just a quick welcome to 2016!
Around the corner, I hear Sims are prepping the popcorn for their movie relaxations (just remember, if the bunny in the woods is too much, just call on the super kids to battle the dancing undead). And with that warning out of the way, we have a bit of NEW…
- We have modified the way in which Sims react to those acting inappropriately in their neighbors’ homes. Beware, for you might find your Sim asked to leave if they get out of line.
- We have also modified the behavior of Sims when a fight occurs.
- Your friends may cheer you on, but your enemies may cheer when you’re down.
- There are 8 new wall decorations to decorate your décor! (ok, well, they don’t decorate the décor, they add to the décor… I really just wanted to ignore the conventions of grammar and write what I wanted to write. There… I admitted it, I ignore grammar!)
- Movie posters for It’s Amber!, Stay Weirder, Cow Plant Love, Cop and Llama, Malpractice, Epic Wood, Sul Sul, and Still Life, are all now available in the Build catalog.
… And have addressed a few Issues…
- The repair service will no longer become unavailable if the player switches active households while the repair service was in progress.
- The repair service is no longer available to not service a retail lot.
- It is now not available, as it was not repairing. Thus, the service will now not charge you for not repairing, when you attempted to have a repair service, service your repairs.
- We fixed an issue that could result when connecting or reconnecting online, in an interface misalignment in the My Library tab of the Gallery.
- Essentially, interface elements were not redrawing properly, and were overlapping in ways that made parts of the interface inaccessible.
- In-acc-sess-ible is so much more fun to say when you accent each syllable.
- We have addressed an issue that could allow users to modify existing lots and upload them as their own.
- Without going into too much detail, through a means of saving, deleting, and re-uploading, it was possible for the owner ID to be “lost” and thus allow the owner modification to occur.
- Sims can now chat with children playing on a jungle gym without route failing.
- … of course I thought the whole purpose of the park was to let your kids run free, while you found peace in the nature inspired sanctuary of silence…
- Blissful, golden silence…
- We fixed an issue with the DJ booth that could result in the upgrade action failing to perform, but still deducting the parts from the Sims’ inventory.
I hope you had a pleasant December, and wish you joy as we move into the beginnings of this new year.