We are all guilty of getting stuck in a pattern. Making a sim, falling in love, getting married, having kids. Doing the same things over and over again. Getting bored because you can’t think of something new to do. There is nothing wrong with that as long as you don’t think there’s anything wrong with it, although it is always nice to have new ideas and try new things.
Here is my list of things to do in The Sims 4 to spice up my game.
1. Money! It fixes everything right? Wrong. How often do you actually use money cheats? If you are anything like me, you probably use them too often.
Why not start a game, make your sim get a job and actually earn your money? The game feels completely different when you are earning what you have. It’s too easy to cheat in video games these days. Going from rosebud;!;!;!;! repeatedly to when they made it easier with motherlode.
2. Homewrecker! Maybe you saw a sim you liked and found out he/she was already married, or maybe you just like the drama. Either way this is something you should try.
It can be fun to do things in video games that you would never do in real life, or maybe it’s fun to reenact things on video games that you actually do in real life. No judgements here. This particular situation can be pretty entertaining.
3. Do you ever wonder what your sims could accomplish without your help? What do you think would happen if you turned on full autonomy and let your sim do their own thing?
Where would they end up? Would the house burn down immediately? Would they never make any money, go broke and all the utilities would be turned off? It might be worth checking it out. You don’t have to give them full control if that seems boring to you but next time they go to autonomously flirt with a stranger… just let them!
4. Single parent with lots of kids! Sounds like loads of fun, right? The motherlode cheat might come in handy for this one!
Whether you are trying the 7 toddlers challenge or you just have a lot of babies because they are just too adorable. You definitely won’t have any time to feel bored while raising several children.
If you are nervous about it, throw some teenagers in there. They will help out… maybe…
5. Building your own town? Have you ever actually been able to say that every single lot in your neighborhood has one of your creations on it?
Personally I’m a big fan of building and some aren’t. If you aren’t completely opposed to building then maybe you should give it a try. It’s strangely satisfying!
6. If you aren’t really into building but would still love to have a house that you built then why don’t you try this one? Making the smallest house possible.
I was surprised by how small I could actually make a house (without the moveobjects cheat) I think it turned out pretty well and I bet yours could too!
7. Why not try making the longest family tree that you possibly can?
Large families are great! You’ll always have someone to call on the phone whether it’s your sister, cousin, niece, uncle. You’ll always have someone to call family. It’ll take a while, yes. It will be so worth it in the end.
8. Have you ever played as a mean sim? Maybe you have a neighbor that comes over and is always knocking your trash can over. Mean sims can be frustrating and sometimes funny. Can you imagine a whole household of mean sims?
I created a household and every sim was mean, mischievous and hot headed. I originally thought that this was going to end terribly but the mischievousness of each of the sims actually brought them close together. They all bonded over pulling pranks and it was actually entertaining. I thought I was going to be completely wrong until the mood swings started. Once one sim was in a bad mood, they would pick a fight with another and so on.
9. Some of us like modern houses, some like traditional and some of us like the creepy victorian houses. There is one cool thing I have been doing with my victorian houses to make them even creepier: Building my own cemetery!
Kill your neighbors, kill strangers, kill your friends, maybe even kill your family. Do it all for the sake of decoration. It’s creepy to have a cemetery around your house but it’s even better when you have killed all of the people buried there. You’ll be haunted by your past for the rest of you life.
10. Maybe you aren’t one of the millions of simmers that love murdering sims. Do you like to follow a story with your sims? Try following this story and see where it takes you.
There are two couples that are neighbors. Both couples get pregnant at the same time and have babies that grow up together. As they age, they have play dates then go to school together, study together and eventually go to parties. At some point they start to fall in love, date and start a family together. We usually start off as YA or Adults and make our sims fall in love but imagine how invested you would be if you played as a sim throughout their entire life stage and fell in love with someone that was always there for you?
Do you have things in The Sims 4 that you do when you’re bored? Let me know in the comments!