How To Complete the Summer BBQ Event (Garden Gnomes) in The Sims Mobile

- Advertisement -

Click here for the 2019 Summer Barbecue Event Guide

There’s a new quest in The Sims Mobile! The Summer Barbecue Event is now available for a limited time, giving players 7 days to complete the necessary steps that will reward them with the final “Triptych of Garden Gnomes ” rewards. This event also grants “Lemon Slices” for completing everyday and event related tasks.

Slices can be used to purchase items from the Simmer Ice Chest and Sweet Refreshments Basket. Both boxes contain the same items, the only difference is that you have a choice of purchasing with Lemon Slices (250) or SimCash (75). More on this later in the post.


To begin this quest, select the “Quests” tab on the right side of your screen. If you do not see the Limited Time Mysteries of the Garden Gnome, restart your game.

The Mysteries of the Garden Gnome Event is marked with a golden “Limited Time” banner

To complete the Garden Gnome Event, you will have to complete 9 individual quests in the game. You will receive rewards and Lemon Slices along the way (the new event related currency), and be rewarded the “Triptych of Garden Gnomes” once you complete the final quest. Below is the list of quests (in the order they appear) that you need to complete, along with rewards and requirements.



How to Complete Each Quest (Info)

Tapping the info button on each quest lets you know what you need to do to complete each task. To access the special events, click the “Lemonade Glass” icon on the top right side of your screen. From here you can easily attend special events in the game.

  • Quest #1 – Tap on 10 Potted Plants (decor) and “Search for existence of Gnomes”
  • Quest #2 – On 5 f those Potted Plants, use the “Sprinkle Drink” interaction
  • Quest #3 – At home, place the Summer Drinks Tray and Make Drinks
  • Quest #4 – Travel to the Cafe and start the “Sample Summer Drinks” Event
  • Quest #5 – At home, start the “Experiment with Summer Recipes” on the drink tray
  • Quest #6 – Spend 925 Lemon Slices on the Summer Ice Chest
  • Quest #7 – Travel to the Cafe and start the “Sample Summer Drinks” Event
  • Quest #8 – At home, start the “Experiment with Summer Recipes” Event on a fridge
  • Quest #9 – Spend 1,400 Lemon Slices on the Summer Ice Chest

Once you have completed all 9 quests for this event, you’ll unlock the Triptych of Garden Gnomes set. You can find these items in build/buy or a Sim’s inventory.

Purchasing from the Summer Chest & Basket

When completing quests and events related to the Mysteries of the Garden Gnome event, and performing everyday random tasks in the world, Sims will earn special “Lemon Slices”. These slices can then be redeemed for special CAS and Build/Buy items in the game.

There are two types of Ornate Boxes: Summer Ice Chest and Sweet Refreshments. The only difference between the two is that items purchased in the Ice Chest require 250 Lemon Slices, and items from the Sweet Refreshments box require 75 SimCash. The latter of the two allows you to purchase and complete the collection without Lemon Slices.


❗ To access the Summer Loot, select the Lemonade Glass icon on the upper right side of the screen, or select the “Store” icon on the top left of the screen. 

The Summer Barbecue Collection consists of CAS and Build/Buy Items, including the new interactive outdoor grill object. Items are listed by “rarity” (Common, Uncommon, and Rare) and your chances of receiving them depend on the game. There are also some other rewards includes like Fashions Gems and SimCash.

The entire collection includes the following items: 

  • Create-a-Sim Items
    • (1) Haute Dog Costume
    • (1) Floral Breeze Shirt
    • (1) Summer Chic Jumpsuit
    • (1) Posh Glasses
    • (1) Vented Hiking Hat
  • Build/Buy Items
    • (4) Summer BBQ Grill Deluxe
    • (4) Summer Umbrella Table
    • (6) Summer Steely Arms Loveseat
    • (6) Summer Steely Arms Chair
    • (6) Summer Lantern
    • (8) Summer Chill Tower
    • (8) Summer Padded Dining Chair
    • (8) Summer Dining Chair
    • (12) Summer Illumination Light
  • Other Rewards
    • Fashion Gems
    • SimCash
    • SimCoins
    • Sim Tickets
    • Home Tickets
    • Super Home Tickets
Tap the box to retrieve your prize

When clicking the currency button in each box and “buying it”, you are technically “rolling the dice” so to speak. Realistically, these are chance boxes. You are not guaranteed to get different items each time, you will receive many duplicates, and you are not able to select what you receive either. The item you receive varies and is based on “chance”.


Items are tagged by rarity. This means you have a 60% chance to unlock Common items, a 25% chance to unlock Uncommon items, and a 15% chance of unlocking Rare items. Select the information icon in the Ornate Box to view color tags for each item.

With the way this system is set up, you will end up receiving plenty of duplicates. This is ok in the beginning as you may need to collect multiples of items to complete the set, but this will eventually lead to an excess of items. When this happens, items will be converted into special rewards that vary depending on the rarity of the item.

The following reward conversions are made when receiving duplicates: 

  • Common Items
    • 45 Home Tickets
    • 45 Sim Tickets
  • Uncommon Items
    • 40 Sim Tickets
    • 40 Home Tickets
    • 650 Simoleons
  • Rare Items
    • 20 Fashion Gems
    • 800 Simoleons


Garden Gnomes

The Garden Gnome rewards for completing the event can be placed on your lot. There are three interactions on them: Talk, Water, and Yell.