Electronic Arts has released their Q1 FY19 financials, stating that The Sims 4 player base grew 35% Year-Over-Year. EA also saw a 13% boost (YOY) on Digital Net Bookings.
Selected Operating Highlights and Metrics
- Digital net bookings* for the trailing twelve months was $3.550 billion, up 13% year-over-year and represents 69% of total net bookings.
- The FIFA World Cup content update had more than 15 million unique players during the quarter.
- Launched FIFA Mobile in China this quarter, reaching #1 on the top downloads chart for iOS in China and showing best-in-class engagement on the WeChat platform.
- Launched FIFA Online 4 in Asia during the quarter.
- More than 20 million players participated in the current season of FIFA competitive gaming and had 80% more average viewers over last season.
- The Sims™ 4 player base grew 35% year-over-year.
- EA received more than 60 awards at E3 this year, including “Best of” awards from the E3 Game Critics for Anthem™, Battlefield™ V, and FIFA 19.