The Trick or Treat Halloween Event is available for a limited time, giving players 10 days to complete the necessary steps that will reward them with the final “Mystic’s Table” reward. This event also grants “Candy Corn” for completing everyday and event related tasks, and is the required currency to purchase the various new Halloween CAS and Build/Buy items.
Candy Corn is used to purchase things from the Creepy Coffin and the Halloween Haunt reward center. The Creepy Coffin and Halloween Haunt rewards center have different items available for purchase. The Creepy Coffin content can be purchased for 100 Candy Corns, and the Halloween Haunt Rewards Center items vary. More on this later in the post.
The event requires you to collect Candy Corn to progress, and these can be collected by performing everyday tasks like socializing, finishing short work shifts, or interacting with other Sims. The bulk of the Candy Corn can be collected by completing events downtown, at home, or by completing any of the 24 associated event quests.
To begin this event, select the “Quests” tab on the right side of your screen. If you do not see the Limited Edition “Trick or Treat” Quest, restart your game. It is required you have the latest game update in order to complete this quest.
To complete the Trick or Treat Halloween Event, you’ll have to complete 24 quests in the game. You’ll receive more rewards along the way, and be rewarded the “Mystic Table” once you complete the final quest. Below is the list of quests you must complete, along with the rewards and requirements for each.
How to Complete Each Quest (Info)
Tapping the info button on each quest lets you know what you need to do to complete each task. To access the special events, click the “Pumpkin” icon on the top right of your screen. You can easily attend special events in the game from there as well.
- Quest #1 – Earn 31 Simoleons
- Quest #2 – Tap the fridge and use the “Search for Treats” interaction
- Quest #3 – Tap a vanity/mirror and use the “Visualize your Costume” interaction
- Quest #4 – Use the “Trick or Treat” interaction on 5 Sims
- Quest #5 – Complete any event
- Quest #6 – Change your Sim’s appearance in Create-a-Sim
- Quest #7 – Complete the “Home for Halloween” event
- Quest #8 – Buy an item from the Creepy Coffin
- Quest #9 – Give stickers to 5 Sims
- Quest #10 – Complete the “Costume Construction” event
- Quest #11 – Attend and earn 3 stars at a party
- Quest #12 – Earn 650 Simoleons
- Quest #13 – Complete any 5 events
- Quest #14 – Complete the “Halloween Haunt” even Downtown
- Quest #15 – Complete LlamaZoom tasks. (Returns every 4 hours)
- Quest #16 –Complete the “Home for Halloween” event
- Quest #17 – Collect 600 Candy Corn
- Quest #18 – Complete LlamaZoom tasks. (Returns every 4 hours)
- Quest #19 – Complete the “Costume Construction” event
- Quest #20 – Complete LlamaZoom tasks. (Returns every 4 hours)
- Quest #21 – Collect 1,200 Candy Corn
- Quest #22 – Complete the “Halloween Haunt” even Downtown
- Quest #23 – Complete LlamaZoom tasks. (Returns every 4 hours)
- Quest #24 – Collect 1,200 Candy Corn
Once you have completed all quests for this event, you’ll unlock the special Mystic’s Table reward. This item can be found in your Sim’s inventory.
All 24 quests will grant you Candy Corn currency, but you will need at least 41,300 Candy Corns to unlock prizes in this event. I say at least because this is the amount you need to collect to purchase and unlock content that has a price tag. There is an additional Creepy Coffin prize box that contains various other decor items as well. This is a chance box and the amount of Candy Corn you have to spend to collect them all will vary.
Collecting and Spending Candy Corn
As you collect Candy Corn in the event, you will unlock special prizes, purchase items with a price tag, and roll the dice at random decor items found in the Creepy Coffin box. All of the rewards available to you are found in the Halloween Haunt Rewards Center.
This section is accessed by tapping the Pumpkin icon on the top right side of the screen in live mode. In this rewards center you will find THREE prize sections:
- Prize Tracker
- Creepy Coffin
- Other Rewards
Prize Tracker Rewards
As you collect Candy Corn during the event, the Prize Tracker meter will fill up. This tracker depends solely on collecting the Candy Corn, and does not require spend. You will need to collect a total of 16,700 Candy Corns to unlock all the rewards available.
One note to mention here is that the first prize that is unlocked is the “Candy Bowl”. This item will completely fill with candy corn every 11 hours. When the bow is full, it will yield 125 Candy Corn pieces. Once the tooltip appears above the bowl, you can click to redeem Candy Corn pieces. The tooltip will inform you how many pieces the bowl currently has.
Another prize that brings extra play to the table is the Ghostly Figure heirloom. This item is the second to last item that is unlocked with the prize meter, and adds a news relationship story for your Sims in the game. Check your heirloom collection for more info.
Purchasing from the Creepy Coffin
The Creepy Coffin is located inside the Halloween Haunt Rewards Center on the lower right hand side. When there, tap on “view” to open the coffin. This will open a pop-up.
The Creepy Coffin Collection consists of special Jack O’ Lanterns and Gravestones for your to decorate your home with. The item rarity in the Creepy Coffin is only “Common”, so you won’t have to collect any uncommon or rare items in here. In addition to the pumpkins and gravestones, you also have a chance of receiving Fashion Gems as a prize.
The entire collection includes the following items:
- Build/Buy Items
- (5) Winky Jack O’ Lanterns
- (5) Giddy Jack O’ Lanterns
- (5) Uh Oh Jack O’ Lanterns
- (5) Mopey Jack O’ Lanterns
- (5) Wicked Jack O’ Lanterns
- (5) Spooky Jack O’ Lanterns
- (5) Goofy Jack O’ Lanterns
- (5) Muddled Jack O’ Lanterns
- (5) Cranky Jack O’ Lanterns
- (5) Dizzy Jack O’ Lanterns
- (5) Dazed Jack O’ Lanterns
- (5) Aghast Jack O’ Lanterns
- (5) Aged Gravestones
- (5) Cracked Gravestones
- (5) Rugged Gravestones
- (5) Decaying Gravestones
- (5) Fragile Gravestones
- (5) Forgotten Gravestones
- Other Rewards
- Fashion Gems
When clicking the currency button and “buying it”, you are technically “rolling the dice” so to speak. Realistically, these are chance boxes. You are not guaranteed to get different items each time, you will receive many duplicates, and you are not able to select what you receive. The item you receive varies and is based on “chance”.
Purchasing Other Rewards
The final set of items you can purchase during this event are the “other rewards” found in the Halloween Haunt Rewards Center. You will need a total of 24,600 Candy Corn pieces in order to unlock all the available items. There’s a mix of CAS and Build/Buy items.