How To Complete the Winter Warm-Up Event in The Sims Mobile

8
11445
- Advertisement -

There’s a new quest in The Sims Mobile! The Winter Warm-Up Event is now available for a limited time, giving players 7 days to complete the necessary steps that will reward them with the final “Backyard Bar” object. The event also grants “Rubber Duckies” (event related currency) for completing everyday and event related tasks.

Rubber Duckies are used to purchase items from the Duckie and Golden Duckie Bags. Both contain the same items, the only difference is that you have a choice of purchasing with Rubber Duckies (125) or SimCash (50). More on this later in the post.

To begin this quest, select the “Quests” tab on the right side of your screen. If you do not see the “Winter Warm-Up” event quest, restart your game.

The Winter Warm-Up Event is marked with a multi-colored “Limited Time” banner

To complete the Winter Warm Up Event, you will have to complete 26 individual quests in the game. You will receive rewards and Rubber Duckies along the way, and then unlock the “Backyard Bar”  object when you complete the final quest. Below is the list of quests (in the order they appear) that you need to complete, along with rewards and requirements.

 

How to Complete Each Quest (Info)

Tapping the info button on each quest lets you know what you need to do to complete each task. To access the special events, click the “Duck in a Hot Tub” icon on the top right of your screen. You can easily attend special events in the game from there also.

  • Quest #1 – Earn 25 Simoleons
  • Quest #2 – Tap a bed and use the “Get Cozy” interaction
  • Quest #3 – Tap a mirror and use the “Think of Warmer Times” interaction
  • Quest #4 – Tap a Sim and use the “Ask About Warmest Memory” interaction
  • Quest #5 – Complete an event
  • Quest #6 – Change a Sim’s appearance in CAS
  • Quest #7 – Complete the “Home Spa” event
  • Quest #8 – Open a regular Duckie Bag
  • Quest #9 – Give stickers to 5 Sims
  • Quest #10 – Complete the “Swanky Swimwear” event
  • Quest #11 – Complete an event
  • Quest #12 – Earn 650 Simoleons
  • Quest #13 – Complete any 5 events
  • Quest #14 – Complete the “Spa-Side Snacks” event
  • Quest #15 – Complete LlamaZoom tasks. (Returns every 4 hours)
  • Quest #16 – Complete the “Home Spa” event
  • Quest #17 – Collect 1,200 Rubber Duckies
  • Quest #18 – Complete LlamaZoom tasks. (Returns every 4 hours)
  • Quest #19 – Complete the “Swanky Swimwear” event
  • Quest #20 – Collect 1,200 Rubber Duckies
  • Quest #21 – Complete LlamaZoom tasks. (Returns every 4 hours)
  • Quest #22 – Complete the “Spa-Side Snacks” event
  • Quest #23 – Earn 650 Simoleons
  • Quest #24 – Complete LlamaZoom tasks. (Returns every 4 hours)
  • Quest #25 – Collect 1,200 Rubber Duckies
  • Quest #26 – Complete 3 Long Events in any Career, Relationship, or Hobby

Once you have completed all 26 quests for this event, you’ll unlock the new Backyard Bar object for the game. The new Bar object is found in a Sim’s inventory. You’ll also find the special rubber duckies and beach towels quest rewards in there as well.

 

Duckie and Golden Duckie Bags

When completing quests and events related to the Winter Warm-Up event, or performing everyday random tasks in the world, Sims will earn special “Rubber Duckies”. These ducks can then be redeemed for special “warm-up” themed items in the game.

There are two types: Duckie Bag and Golden Duckie Bag. Their only difference is that items purchased in the Ducki Bag require 125 rubber duckies, and items from the Golden Duckie Bag require 50 SimCash. The latter of the two allows you to purchase and complete the collection without collecting Rubber Duckies.

❗ To access the Duckie Bags, select the Rubber Duck icon on the upper right side of the screen, or select the “Store” icon on the top left of the screen. 

The Winter Warm-Up Collection consists of Create-a-Sim & Buy Mode Items, including two Hot Tubs. Items are listed by “rarity” (Common, Uncommon, and Rare) and the chances of receiving them depend on the game.

The entire collection includes the following items: 

  • Create-a-Sim Items
    • (15) Pieces of Clothing (Male & Female)
    • (1) Beard for Male Sims
  • Buy Mode Items
    • (1) Regal Hot Tub
    • (2) Steamy Hot Tubs
    • (5) Small Dining Tables
    • (10) Dining Chairs
    • (10) Illuminated Wall Decor
    • (10) Pachira Trees
  • Other Rewards
    • Fashion Gems
    • SimCash
    • Cupcakes
    • Simoleons
Tap the bag to retrieve your prize

When clicking the currency button on each bag and “buying it”, you are technically “rolling the dice” so to speak. Realistically, these are chance boxes. You are not guaranteed to get different items each time, you will receive many duplicates, and you are not able to pick & choose what you receive. The item you receive varies and is based on “chance”.

Items are tagged by rarity. This means you have a 45% chance to unlock Common items, a 30% chance to unlock Uncommon items, and a 25% chance of unlocking Rare items. Select the information icon to view color tags for each item.

With the way this system is set up, you will end up receiving plenty of duplicates. This is ok in the beginning as you may need to collect multiples of items to complete the set, but this will eventually lead to an excess of items. When this happens, items will be converted into special rewards that vary depending on the rarity of the item.

The following reward conversions are made when receiving duplicates: 

  • Common Items
    • 60 Simoleons (Duckie Bag)
    • 650 Simoleons (Golden Duckie Bag)
  • Uncommon Items
    • 100 Simoleons (Duckie Bag)
    • 750 Simoleons (Golden Duckie Bag)
  • Rare Items
    • 5 Fashion Gems (Duckie Bag)
    • 15 Fashion Gems (Golden Duckie Bag)

 

Beach Towels and Rubber Ducks

When completing quests 1, 5, 7, 10, 15, 18, 21, 24, and 26, you will receive special reward objects. Beach Towels will automatically fill up with 125 rubber duckies every 12 hours, and the rubber duckie objects include an “Admire” interaction.

 

Hot Tubs

Hot Tubs are not new to The Sims Mobile, but if this is your first time trying to collect one, there are quite a few interactions included. Sims can Indulge in Aromatherapy, Share the Hot Tub with other Sims, Relax, and Woohoo!