There’s a new quest in The Sims Mobile! The World of Luxury Event is now available for a limited time, giving players 7 days to complete the necessary steps that will reward them with the final “Luxuriously Ornate Double Door & Window” rewards. This event also grants Sims special “Deluxe Coins” for completing everyday and event related tasks.
These coins can be used to purchase items from the Ornate and Luxury Ornate boxes. Both boxes contain the same items, the only difference is that you have a choice of purchasing with Deluxe Coins (250) or SimCash (75). More on this later in the post.
❗ If you have completed the previous World of Luxury Event from 2018, you will already own the items (and their colors) from Ornate Boxes, and the final “Luxuriously Ornate Double Door & Lattice Window” rewards. Upon completing the new event, you will receive an additional Double Door and Window, and can collect multiples of other box items you may have not collected the first time.
To begin this quest, select the “Quests” tab on the right side of your screen. If you do not see the Limited Time World of Luxury Event, restart your game.
To complete the World of Luxury Event, you will have to complete 18 individual quests in the game. You will receive rewards and Luxury Coins along the way (the new event related currency), and be rewarded the “Luxuriously Ornate Double Door & Window” once you complete the final quest. Below is the list of quests (in the order they appear) that you need to complete, along with rewards and requirements.
How to Complete Each Quest (Info)
Tapping the info button on each quest lets you know what you need to do to complete each task. To access the special events, click the “World of Luxury” icon on the top right side of your screen. From here you can easily attend special events in the game.
- Quest #1 – Collect 25 Simoleons
- Quest #2 – Tap a Sim and select the “Spread the Word” interaction
- Quest #3 – Complete the “Tasteful Tea Tasting” event
- Quest #4 – Complete a short Career, Hobby, or Relationship event
- Quest #5 – Tap a Sim and select the “Spread the Word” interaction
- Quest #6 – Tap a sofa at home to complete the “Luxurious Reflections” event
- Quest #7 – Earn 1,000 Simoleons
- Quest #8 – Tap the sofa and use the “Consider Current Decor” interaction
- Quest #9 – Complete 3 standard Career, Hobby, or Relationship events
- Quest #10 – Complete LlamaZoom tasks. (Returns every 4 hours)
- Quest #11 – Tap a sofa at home to complete the “Luxurious Reflections” event
- Quest #12 – Complete LlamaZoom tasks. (Returns every 4 hours)
- Quest #13 – Complete the “Spice-It-Up Cooking Class” event
- Quest #14 – Complete 3 long Career, Hobby, or Relationship events
- Quest #15 – Complete LlamaZoom tasks. (Returns every 4 hours)
- Quest #16 – Tap a sofa at home to complete the “Luxurious Reflections” event
- Quest #17 – Complete the “Tasteful Tea Tasting” event
- Quest #18 – Complete LlamaZoom tasks. (Returns every 4 hours)
Once you have completed all 18 quests for this event, you’ll unlock the Luxuriously Ornate Double Door and Window set. You can find these items in build/buy or a Sim’s inventory.
Purchasing Items From Ornate Boxes
While completing quests and events related to the World of Luxury Event, or by performing everyday random tasks in the world, Sims will earn special “Deluxe Coins”. These coins can then be redeemed for special CAS and Build/Buy items in the game.
There are two types of Ornate Boxes: Ornate and Luxurious Ornate. The only difference between the two is that items purchased in the Ornate box require 250 Deluxe Coins, and items from the Luxurious Ornate box require 75 SimCash. The Simcash option essentially allows you to have a go at unlocking items with SimCash instead of Deluxe Coins.
To access the Ornate boxes, select the World of Luxury Event icon on the upper right side of the screen, or select the “Store” icon on the top left of the screen.
The World of Luxury Collections consists of CAS and Build/Buy Items, including the brand new interactive Bubble Blower object. Items are listed by “rarity” (Common, Uncommon, and Rare) and your chances of receiving them depend on the game. There are also some other rewards includes like Fashions Gems and SimCash.
The entire collection includes the following items:
- Create-a-Sim Items
- (1) Geo Boho Shirt
- (1) Boho-Chic Tank
- (1) Posh Printed Pants
- (1) Bounty of Bracelets
- Build/Buy Items
- (3) Bubble Blowers
- (4) Lavish Loveseats
- (5) Elegant Mirrors
- (7) Sumptuous Rugs***
- (7) Accent Tables
- (7) Tapestries
- (8) Hanging Lanterns
- (10) Ornate Dividers
- (10) Plush Poufs***
- Other Rewards
- Fashion Gems
*** In order to unlock ALL interactions on the Bubble Blower object, you must collect at least ONE of each of the Rug and Pouf objects.
When clicking the currency button in each box and “buying it”, you are technically “rolling the dice” so to speak. Realistically, these are chance boxes. You are not guaranteed to get different items each time, you will receive many duplicates, and you are not able to select what you receive either. The item you receive varies and is based on “chance”.
Items are tagged by rarity. This means you have a 60% chance to unlock Common items, a 25% chance to unlock Uncommon items, and a 15% chance of unlocking Rare items. Select the information icon in the Ornate Box to view color tags for each item.
With the way this system is set up, you will end up receiving plenty of duplicates. This is ok in the beginning as you may need to collect multiples of items to complete the set, but this will eventually lead to an excess of items. When this happens, items will be converted into special rewards that vary depending on the rarity of the item.
The following reward conversions are made when receiving duplicates:
- Common Items
- 125 Simoleons (Ornate Box)
- 980 Simoleons (Luxurious Ornate Box)
- Uncommon Items
- 190 Simoleons (Ornate Box)
- 1500 Simoleons (Luxurious Ornate Box)
- Rare Items
- 5 Fashion Gems (Ornate Box)
- 30 Fashion Gems (Luxurious Ornate Box)
Bubble Blower Interactive Object
As you purchase items from the Ornate chance boxes, you may eventually unlock the new Bubble Blower interactive object. This object comes with new gameplay for Sims, adding 4 new interactions to the game. The item does require at least one dining chair.
❗ You will need to collect at least one “Sumptuous Rug” and one “Plush Pouf” from the Ornate boxes in order to unlock all 4 interactions.
When placing this object in your home, you can select any of the following interactions so long as you have the required items.
- Try Fairy Fizz – Requires a Dining Chair
- Try Xanadu Sunset – Requires a Plush Pouf
- Try Cosmic Encounter – Requires the Sumptuous Rug
- Blow Bubbles With – Allows 4 Sims to blow bubbles together
World of Luxury Bonus Bundle
The event also offers a special bundle for purchase. The World of Luxury Bonus Bundle is available for $9.99 USD and offers players a special V-neck shirt and the Gilded Box Trio.
The special gilded box trio object will fill with and dispense Deluxe Coins.
This concludes the guide for this event! Have any tips or suggestions for other players? Is there something that needs to be corrected in the guide? Leave a comment below!