There’s a new quest in The Sims Mobile! The Super Throwdown League Event is now available for a limited time, giving players 7 days to complete the necessary steps that will reward them with the final “Barback Juice-Off” and “Dartboard” rewards. This event also grants “Participation Ribbons” for completing everyday and event related tasks.
Ribbons can be used to purchase items from the Consolation Prize Chest and Championship Chest. Both boxes contain the same items, the only difference is that you have a choice of purchasing with Ribbons (250) or SimCash (75). More on this later in the post.
To begin this quest, select the “Quests” tab on the right side of your screen. If you do not see the “Discover Competitive Side” quest, restart your game.
To complete the Super Throwdown League Event, you will have to complete 27 individual quests in the game. You will receive rewards and Participation Ribbons along the way (the new event related currency), and be rewarded the “Great Barback Juice Off” object once you complete the final quest. Below is the list of quests (in the order they appear) that you need to complete, along with rewards and requirements.
How to Complete Each Quest (Info)
Tapping the info button on each quest lets you know what you need to do to complete each task. To access the special events, click the “Trophy” icon on the top right of your screen. You can easily attend special events in the game from there.
- Quest #1 – Earn 25 Simoleons
- Quest #2 – Tap on 3 appliances and use the “Argue with” interaction
- Quest #3 – Tap on 3 Sims and use the “Are You Competitive” interaction
- Quest #4 – Start a “Rival Relationship” story with a Sim
- Quest #5 – Complete an Event
- Quest #6 – Change your Sim’s appearance
- Quest #7 – Complete an Event
- Quest #8 – Open a Consolation Prize Chest
- Quest #9 – Give Stickers to 5 Sims
- Quest #10 – Collect 600 Participation Ribbons
- Quest #11 – Complete an Event
- Quest #12 – Earn 650 Simoleons
- Quest #13 – Complete any 5 Events
- Quest #14 – Complete any 3 Standard Events
- Quest #15 – Complete LlamaZoom tasks. (Returns every 4 hours)
- Quest #16 – Open a Consolation Prize Chest
- Quest #17 – Complete any 1 Long Event
- Quest #18 – Collect 600 Participation Ribbons
- Quest #19 – Complete LlamaZoom tasks. (Returns every 4 hours)
- Quest #20 – Complete any 3 Standard Events
- Quest #21 – Collect 1,200 Participation Ribbons
- Quest #22 – Complete LlamaZoom tasks. (Returns every 4 hours)
- Quest #23 – Complete any 1 Long Event
- Quest #24 – Earn 1,000 Simoleons
- Quest #25 – Complete LlamaZoom tasks. (Returns every 4 hours)
- Quest #26 – Collect 1,000 Participation Ribbons
- Quest #27 – Complete any 3 Long Events
Once you have completed all 27 quests for this event, you’ll unlock the Great Barback Juice Off object. You can find the item in build/buy or a Sim’s inventory.
Consolation & Championship Chests
When completing quests and events related to the Competitive Side event, and performing everyday random tasks in the world, Sims will earn special “Participation Ribbons”. These ribbons can then be redeemed for special CAS and Build/Buy items in the game.
There are two types of Chests: Consolation Prize and Championship Chest. The only difference between the two is that items purchased in the Consolation Chest require 250 Ribbons, and items from the Championship Chest require 75 SimCash. The latter of the two allows you to purchase and complete the collection without Participation Ribbons.
To access the Chests, select the Trophy icon on the upper right side of the screen, or select the “Store” icon on the top left of the screen.
The Super Throwdown League Collection consists of CAS and Build/Buy Items, including the new interactive Dartboard object. Items are listed by “rarity” (Common, Uncommon, and Rare) and your chances of receiving them depend on the game. There are also some other rewards included like Fashions Gems, SimCash, and Simoleons.
When clicking the currency button in each chest and “buying it”, you are technically “rolling the dice” so to speak. Realistically, these are chance boxes. You are not guaranteed to get different items each time, you will receive many duplicates, and you are not able to select what you receive either. The item you receive varies and is based on “chance”.
Items are tagged by rarity. This means you have a 45–60% chance to unlock Common items, a 25-30% chance to unlock Uncommon items, and a 15-25% chance of unlocking Rare items. Select the information icon in the Chest to view color tags for each item.
With the way this system is set up, you will end up receiving plenty of duplicates. This is ok in the beginning as you may need to collect multiples of items to complete the set, but this will eventually lead to an excess of items. When this happens, items will be converted into special rewards that vary depending on the rarity of the item.
The following reward conversions are made when receiving duplicates:
- Common Items
- 125 Simoleons (Consolation Chest)
- 980 Simoleons (Championship Chest)
- Uncommon Items
- 190 Simoleons (Consolation Chest)
- 1500 Simoleons (Championship Chest)
- Rare Items
- 5 Fashion Gems (Consolation Chest)
- 30 Fashion Gems (Championship Chest)
The Dartboard Object reward that Sims receive when purchasing objects from the Summer Throwdown League Collection, can be placed on your lot. There are several interactions available with this object, including multi-Sim tournaments.
Great Barback Juice-Off
The Great Barback Juice-Off object is rewarded to players who complete all 18 quests. The item has only one interaction that allows Sims to “View” it.