Electronic Arts has released Q4 FY19 financials, stating that active players for The Sims 4 increased 35% Year-Over-Year.
REDWOOD CITY, Calif.–(BUSINESS WIRE)– Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: EA) today announced preliminary financial results for its fourth fiscal quarter and fiscal year ended March 31, 2019.
“FY20 will be a year of continued growth for our industry, and we’re excited to bring more great entertainment to the expanding audience around the world,” said CEO Andrew Wilson. “Players are engaging with games in more ways than ever before. We’re committed to meeting them where they are with a broad portfolio of amazing new games and live services, choice of engagement models including free-to-play and subscriptions, and new opportunities to play, compete and watch.”
“We ended our fiscal year with strong growth, driven by our live services business which continued to provide a very large, stable and profitable source of net bookings,” said COO and CFO Blake Jorgensen. “Looking ahead, we will bring games to an extraordinary variety of players in fiscal 2020 and deliver on our commitment to players with deep live services content for Ultimate Team, Apex Legends, The Sims 4, Anthem and Battlefield V.”
Selected Operating Highlights and Metrics
- Digital net bookings* for the trailing twelve months was $3.722 billion, up 5% year-over-year and represents 75% of total net bookings.
- During the quarter, launched two new original IP titles, Apex LegendsTM and AnthemTM.
- During the quarter, launched Firestorm battle royale in Battlefield TM V, the biggest BattlefieldTM live service event ever.
- In FY19, more than 45 million unique players engaged in FIFA 19 and FIFA 18 on console and PC.
- In FY19, active players in The Sims TM 4 increased by 35% year-over-year.