During today’s Q4 earnings call, EA announced that they plan to release 20 new content drops and expansions packs for console, mobile and PC. The prepared remarks also note the continued success of The Sims 4 according to their internal statistics.
There is also a secondary comment about “20 content drops” being released specifically for The Sims 4, so it is not clear if the prepared remarks he read contained a typo.
- As we wrap up FY19, I also want to highlight the continued success of The Sims 4, which has grown every year since we launched. We launched three new content packs and multiple game updates for our Sims 4 community throughout the year, all of which contributed to a 35% year over-year increase in active players and our strongest year of engagement yet for this ongoing live service. The passion of our Sims community is incredible, and we look forward to bringing them many more great experiences in the year ahead.
- We’re set to deliver 20 new content drops and expansion packs this year for our thriving Sims community on console, mobile and PC.
- We expect live services to grow 10% to 15%, led by Apex Legends, FIFA Ultimate Team and The Sims 4. Turning to our subscription business, we expect subscribers to grow meaningfully from the addition of PlayStation 4, on top of some organic growth on existing platforms.
- We will reach an extraordinary variety of players with our FY20 slate. We will launch sports games, a racing game, an action title and a first-person shooter. We will add over 20 different content drops for The Sims 4.
- Fans of Battlefield V, The Sims 4, and Anthem will have more great content and new ways to play in the year ahead.