The Sims team has released an official FAQ regarding the latest brand refresh
Why did you create new cover art for The Sims 4 base game and a new design for Expansion Pack, Game Packs, and Stuff Packs?
The new art style, along with other changes, are a recognition of the ongoing success of The Sims 4. It’s the fifth year of The Sims 4 and the twentieth year of The Sims, and we think this is a great way to mark such an incredible milestone with the community. We will continue to invest in The Sims 4 so it remains fresh and relevant for years to come.
What has changed in The Sims 4?
- We’ve added new clothing, accessories, and hairstyles to the PC base game for all The Sims 4 players to enjoy. Console base game updates will be coming soon.
- We’ve added an entire cast of new Sims to Create a Sim.
- We have updated intro videos players will see when launching the game.
- Pack covers, icons, and a new color scheme across the base game, expansion packs, game packs, stuff packs, and free packs have all been updated with a new look. Of note, expansion packs now all have a consistent look.
- The Plumbob has received a new look in our logo, on our loading screen, and in certain uses outside of the game. The Plumbob above Sims’ heads in-game remains unchanged.
- Icons across the base game, expansion packs, game packs, stuff packs, and free packs have all been updated with a new look. Of note, expansion packs now all have a consistent look.
- The main menu has an updated layout and fresh look, including art that features our new cast of Sims. We’ve also added new functionality to view trailers on the main menu, links to visit our official Sims social channels from the main menu, and added the Build Your Bundle offer to save money when bundling packs.
Does The Sims 4 base game and the DLC content I’ve purchased still work?
All the content you have purchased will continue to work. We have not changed or removed any existing in-game functionality.
What happened to the old cast of Sims on the cover?
These Sims used to be the default Sims that appeared within Create A Sim. They’ve been placed in The Gallery to make way for a new cast of Sims! You can still find the original cast of Sims to play with by visiting the “Maxis” account on The Gallery for PC and Mac. They will be available on console in My Library in a future update.
What other changes can we expect in the future?
There no further changes anticipated at this time. Of course, the game will continue to evolve with free updates and additional DLC packs.
When will the console version get these changes?
The full suite of brand refresh changes will be coming to the console versions of The Sims 4 at a later date.
Have there been any changes to The Sims FreePlay or The Sims Mobile?
Both The Sims FreePlay and The Sims Mobile have made cosmetic changes to the game, but the changes do not modify or remove any existing in-game functionality.