There’s a new Sims 4 update available for PC/Mac and Consoles. If you have auto updates enabled in Origin’s “Application Settings”, the game will auto-update once you open Origin. If you have auto-updates disabled, you will need to manually update by clicking the game in your library.
To ensure your game is up to date, check the game version found in Documents > EA > The Sims 4 > GameVersion.txt. Your game should now read: PC: 220.127.116.110 / Mac: 18.104.22.1680 / Console: Version 1.41.
If you’ve updated on PC/Mac but it’s not showing the correct version, delete the GameVersion.txt file, restart, and all will be corrected.
Hope everyone is doing great wherever you are in the World. We have a small Game Update for you today, we hope you enjoy it.
Chaus Chaus – Dag Dag!
As you may have seen revealed in our past Sims 411 Livestream, we added in this update a few new Asian Eye Presets for Female and Male Frames. You can find these in Create A Sim and we hope you love them! In case you missed the Livestream, I have applied my nonexistent photoshop skills and have added them in these patch notes for your enjoyment. See below for maximum visuals!
Besides adding these presets we also have updated two hairstyles from our Base Game.
Firstly, we have the gorgeous Hair_MedTexCurls or as we have named it in our Sims 411 blog post, the “Retro Style Large Afro”. Beautiful! I added a few screenshots on how it looks with Female and Male Frames, and Adults, Children, and Toddlers.
Secondly, we have the fab Hair_EF13AfroShort or as we called it the “Short Afro.” I have added below some screenshots with Female and Male Frames – Adults, Children, and Toddlers as well for your reference. I want to note that we noticed that this particular hairstyle with the Black Color Swatch looks a bit Grey in the screencaps below, but we can tell you that we have fixed it already for a future update.
Now onto the fixes…
- We fixed an issue with two of our facial hair offerings, the ymFacialHair_BeardThinGoatee, and ymFacialHair_ChinStrap, as they were making Sims faces wider when applied.
- The Voodoo Doll’s thumbnail in Sims’ Inventories has been fixed so it doesn’t change appearance when used, as it should not.
- Simmers in Laptop Mode will no longer see glitch textures when the Easel is placed on the Lot. It was like a glitch in the Matrix, just… visually striking.
- Sims that saw their Transfer Videos to The More Views Video Station interaction drop from the queue while doing other things will no longer have this occur. Because what is technology but helpful? And why shouldn’t Sims shower and transfer their drone footage whenever they want to amirite?
- Vampire Sims will no longer be forever Compelled for a Deep Drink. As much as that sometimes might be what Vampire Sims would be compelled to do, they don’t have to. So it is not something that they probably want to have in their interaction queue forever and all time. Forever is a long time…
- The Country Charm Counter will now look correct when getting dirty, and not quite like… it has been taken out of a post apocalyptic movie set. There is a fine line between dirty, and… well, unrecognizable.