13 NEW GUIDES ADDED
As often as I’m able to, I will be posting Sims 4 “Mini-Guides” for different portions of the game. My intention is to eventually complete mini-guides on all aspects of the game, and then compile them into one large guide.
I’m not sure how long it will take, or if I will even be able to complete a full guide, but I will try my best. (Please remember I do guides alone) Below is a list of complete guides for the game, and I will add new ones to this list once they are posted.
The Sims has announced a Live Broadcast for tomorrow September 30th at 12pm Pacific. As usual we will host the event live on SimsVIP, and have a reply available for those who miss it.
— The Sims (@TheSims) September 30, 2014
— Graham Nardone (@SimGuruGraham) September 30, 2014
Gurus are getting ready for this week’s announcement by gearing up with this “Gnome City” avatar.
It's an exciting week for The Sims 4…
— Sarah Holding (@SimGuruSarah) September 29, 2014
The Sims UK on Facebook (along with all international pages) are hinting at upcoming game content. Asking players if they’re “ready”, The Sims UK posted the following content to their facebook page:
Via Iggy Azalea on Twitter
Each week we will will compile a list of mods that have been released to help make your gaming experience more pleasant and unique. Be sure to use The Sims 4 Mods Category Tag for future reference.
Please note that installing 3rd party content may cause problems with your game. It is a good idea to properly research the use of mods and custom content before putting them into your game.
While EA unofficially supports the modding community, they will not be held liable should any 3rd party content damage your PC or game.
This list is here for informational purposes only. SimsVIP does not assume any liability should 3rd party content damage your PC or game.
Always remember to remove mods and custom content before updating your game
• Get Town Population – Checks how many Sims live across all worlds in your game
• Smaller Censor/Mosaic – Minimize the “Blur” on naked Sims.
• Longer/Shorter Pregnancy – Increase and decrease pregnancy time
• Change Sim Name or Gender – Allows you to change the name and gender of a Sim
• Persistent TestingCheats – Keeps the “testingcheats true” enabled
• New Social Event: Destination Party – Adds new party type to the game
• Expanded Physique Range – Expands body range
• Move Objects On – Enables the ability to overlay objects in game
• Cheap Aspiration Rewards – Changes the price of potions and traits in the Rewards Store
• Switch to Outfit on Date - Sims will wear their Formal or Party outfits when out on a date
• Fish Freshness Fix - Fixes the ultra-fast decay of fish freshness
• New Social Event: Date Party - Adds new party type to the game
• Teen and YA Romance – Allows Teens and Adults to have a romantic relationship
• Full House Mod – Have more than 8 Sims in your household
• Buyable Hidden Lot Entrances – Allows you to purchase the Hidden Lot Entrances in buy mode
• Buyable Graves – Allows you to purchase Urns and Gravestones in buy mode
• Buyable Mailboxes – Allows you to purchase any mailbox in buy mode
• Buyable Collection Dig Sites – Allows you to purchase collectible dig sites in buy mode
• Buyable Ponds – Allows you to purchase all ponds in buy mode
• Naked Woohoo and Try for Baby- Enables “naked” blur when Sims Woohoo ro Try for Baby
• Sims 4 Importer – Allows you to import and export Sims, Lots, and Rooms from your Sims 4 Library. This ultimately allows players to promote their content on sites other than the gallery.
TwistedMexican has just released the “Increase your Household Size” mod. This mod will allow you to increase the size of your household and surpass the 8 Sim maximum in place by the game.
The last poll asked readers to vote on whether or not they would be moving on to The Sims 4 after release. With 10,603 votes, “Yes” was the most selected answer.
The newest poll asks readers to give The Sims 4 a “score” based on their overall experience. On a scale of 1 to 5 stars, how would you rate The Sims 4?
Used in the video below…
• Mascara Tears: (Download) – Audio Warning: This Tumblr has music playing by default.
• Eyelashes: (Download)
• Buyable Ponds, Hidden Lots & Collectible Objects: (Download)
• Babies for Everyone: (Download)
• Super Speed: (Download)
There’s a new Sims 4 update available now in Origin. If you have automatic updates enabled in Origin’s “Application Settings”, the game will auto update once you open Origin. If you have auto updates disabled, you will need to manually update by clicking on the game in your library.
To ensure your game is up to date, check the game version found in Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 > GameVersion.txt. Your game should now read: 1.0.728.0. If you have updated but it is not showing the correct game version, start the game, shut it down, and then it will be corrected.
Remove all MODS and Custom Content before updating your game
Bug Fixes / Issues:
- Fixed some issues related to error codes 102 and 122–Fixed an issue that prevents loading an auto-saved game directly from the “Load Game” menu.
- Fixed some instances of disappearing Sims.
Did you know?
- You can change your camera preferences in the Options panel to use the The Sims 3 Camera control scheme. [Ctrl] + [Shift] + [Tab] will also toggle between The Sims 4 and The Sims 3camera settings.
- Looking for more Tips & Tricks? View our Player Guide here.
The Sims 4 includes a default global focus option that increases/decreases the amount of game blur in the distance. When enabled, the game will auto focus on the active lot and slowly blur in the distance.
Caution: Disabling “Post Processing Effects” may require more processing requirements from your PC. Since it is unclear to me what exactly EA is doing behind the “blur”, it would be best to leave this enabled if your game does not meet the minimum system requirements.
Always remember to restart your game after enabling and disabling post processing effects.