NRaas Industries – The Traveler Mod!
Posted by Game Mods

Alright Simmers, a new type of game play awaits!  Twallan has done it again!  This time around he has created the Traveler mod!  What does it do?  Besides the long list of things below, it allows you to travel within any world installed in your game and if you want, you can also move to any of the (World Adventures) Sub-hoods..Permanently!

Live in Twinbrook but want to take a short trip to Bridgeport to bar hop?  Done.  Live in Sunset Valley and need a relaxing weekend in Hidden Springs?  Done! Sick of all the Expansion Worlds and want to move to Shang Simla and live? Done!

Head over to NRaas Industries and get this mod! :mrgreen:

THE MOD

This mod replaces the travel code, and re-enables the script error logging. If the travel system fails, the logs will make things easier to track down the issue and repair it.

Oh yeah, it also has the capability to load any World as a Vacation destination.

• Change Hometown
    • Allows you to change your hometown and permanently live in a vacation world
    • The option is only available while playing the travel family on a vacation
  • Pause Travel
    • Whether to pause the travel clock while on vacation
    • The option is only available while playing the travel family on a vacation
    • Default: False
  • Prompt To Save
    • Whether to display the “Save As” prompt just prior transitioning between towns
    • Default: True
  • Remove Travel Restrictions
    • Removes the restrictions applied to babies/toddlers, pregnant sims, and sims who traveled recently
    • The option is only available while playing the home-town
    • Default: False
  • Show Debugging
    • Enables the notices and logs used to debug the mod. Do not enable this unless requested by the mod’s creator.
    • Default: False
  • Traveler World Cost Per Day
    • How much to charge for each day to visit a custom destination
    • The option is only available while playing the home-town
    • Default: 200
  • Treat As Vacation
    • Whether to act as if the sim is on vacation when visiting a custom destination
    • The option is only available while playing the travel family on a vacation
    • Default: True
  • Total Reset
    • Resets the mod’s settings to their tuning defaults
  • Version
    • Displays the version of the mod

1. Jeff says:

Why can’t EA do something like this for people who don’t do mods? This is awesome news by the way.

2. Sims VIP says:

EA can;t fix the small bugs they already have. :lol: You really think they would go to the extent of doing this? :P

3. Pilou says:

Amazing! I wanted this for a long time and it’s simply stupid that EA don’t do it.

1. Gabi says:

Has it hurt your computer?????!

4. Kathryn says:

:mrgreen: Like this!

5. Ashley says:

Does this have the option to take away the visa/short 3 day time period on China, Egypt, and France???

1. Ashley says:

Yay :)

I already have StoryProgression and MasterController so now I’ll download this and the extended/extra portions of StoryProgression. So excited :D

6. Katie says:

Awesome!!! Been wishing I could change towns within the game for a long time now!

7. Ricky says:

This is awesome! Been wanting to have families move to the WA areas! By any chance is there a similar mod like Master Controller and Taveler mod for The Sims 2?

8. Daniru says:

my current family does not appear in the district to which I travel, help please.

9. Jordan says:

SimsVip…Can Pets Travel with you with this…

1. Kebechet says:

That’s a question best asked on the Nraas website itself. Twallan’s very good about helping users with questions. :)

10. sims4life says:

I dont know how to install the mod into my game??? Its the first mod i tried to download. Help :(

1. alise says:

I’m late and explaining it is very complicated soooo:

First create a folder called mods under Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3

Create a subfolder inside that called ”Packages”

Now you need the resource .cfg file MTS has it i think DL it from them
      Now put the resource .cfg in with the mods NOT the packages
      download this mod or any mod
      Put that mod file into the packages folder
      and it should now work in your game
      :D

11. Gabi says:

Does this hurt my computer I need truth!?

1. Aisha says:

No it doesn’t! I just downloaded and I got a vacation option to Sunlit Tides! Though how do I pause the vacation time?!

2. alise says:

no it shouldnt but i know that experimenting with the master controller wreaked total havoc over one of my games lol sims were running everywhere and then every sim in town was in one building and then the game kept on glitching and you couldnt movethe camera anywhere. Long story short, i think NRAAS mods are meant to be analyzed and understood before you go messing around with them

12. Aisha says:

I have a question, when I turn off the pause traveling, how come I can’t go home? How can I go home now?

1. cymbline says:

unpause traveling

13. Mil says:

hey mensen,

is deze code alleen bedoelt voor wereldavonturen?
    ik zou graag van stad lucky palms naar sunsit tides willen verhuizen via een code en niet via huizedepot.
    kan iemand me helpen
    groetjes
    mij

14. Tim Collins says:

This mod disappointed me as there is no option to specific what worlds can count as a destination world. It doesn’t feel right seeing all of my installed worlds in the vacation menu.

1. Stacie says:

There is an option. I don’t know if it was there when you posted this but it is now. Click your computer, go to Nraas/Traveler, and in the menu click Hidden Worlds. You can choose which worlds you want to show up in the list. Hope this helps you.

15. Simfan923 says:

I don’t see the travel option. Can someone tell me where i can find it?

1. Jess says:

You find the travel option by clicking on the computer or newspaper. And maybe the cell phone, I’m not sure.

1. alise says:

It’s the phone and the computer

2. Jimmy says:

If you’re not seeing the “Travel” option, then you will need to save your game at least once for it to appear. It won’t until you do.

16. ComfortableIndigo says:

Hey. I was about to download this mod, but then I read through it a few times and confused myself. Does this mod change visa points at all? Can I get a vacation home when I want too, rather than having to be at level 3? Also, what in the world is a custom destination? Sorry if these are dumb questions or have already been answered. I’m just a bit lost!

17. Kaitlin says:

If you change your hometown will your family tree be saved even if the rest of the family is in a different town???

18. Don'tYodelWithTheMargarin says:

Omg! If my sims 3 game still worked I’d so download this! NRaas I love you! MARRY ME!!!!

19. Leah says:

Someone please help! I downloaded this mod and only some of it is working. I can now vacation to towns other than the three vacation places, (Sunset Valley ecs) but I can’t move to any of the three vacation places. I don’t know if maybe I am just doing it wrong but does anyone have an answer?

20. nate says:

i wont let me visit ANYWHERE i can only move to other towns not visit

21. James says:

So later versions say that even without WA you can use this mod with University and/or Into The Future since they have subworlds as well…I’m just wondering how you do this since obviously without WA I can’t use the “Travel” action…

22. Bekka says:

Dose this get rid of The WA places because I really love those places

23. Shakirah says:

@Bekka it does not get rid of the three worlds that are included in world adventures; It gives you the same option to pick them as a travel destination but also adds all of your downloaded worlds (from expansion packs, custom content, and the sims 3 store) as options to travel to.

These worlds do not require certain visa points to travel, and you have more versatility in how long you want to stay. It is truly an AWESOME mod.