Electronic Arts has announced today that The Sims saw over 80 Million players across PC and Mobile in Fiscal Year 2018. EA also saw a 17% increase year-over-year in Digital Net Bookings, bringing FY18’s total to $3.538 billion.
Additionally, EA stated that Live services net bookings were up 31% year on year, to $679 million, and this increase was driven by “Ultimate Team, The Sims 4 and Battlefield 1.”
Fiscal 2018 was a year of strong growth and continued transformation for Electronic Arts, as we expanded the reach of our leading franchises like FIFA, Battlefield and The Sims to more players across more platforms and geographies,” said Chief Executive Officer Andrew Wilson. “In the year ahead, we will expand the world of play with amazing new experiences and new IP, more competition, and industry-leading subscription programs. There has never been a more exciting time to be engaging and entertaining global communities.”
“Electronic Arts had another record year,” said COO and CFO Blake Jorgensen. “Our success is driven by the way we have changed, and continue to change, our relationship with players. They want more depth in their favorite games, and fresh content that can hold their attention year-round. This has made our business much more stable and enabled us to deliver a dependable and growing cash flow to investors.”
- Digital net bookings* was $3.538 billion for fiscal 2018, up 17% year-over-year and represents 68% of total net bookings.
- The EA SPORTS™ franchises grew to nearly 90 million players on current generation consoles life to date.
- Nearly 18 million players engaged in competitive gaming across FIFA 18 and Madden NFL 18, up more than 75% year-over-year.
- The Battlefield™ community, across current generation consoles and PC HD, now has more than 54 million players life to date.
- The Sims™ community had more than 80 million Sims players across PC and mobile in fiscal 2018.