Sasha Robertson Casting, a UK based casting company, has put out a call for active players who play The Sims. According to the listing, they are looking for players who have found that the game has helped them in some way. See here for more info.
CASTING CALL FOR GAMERS
WE ARE LOOKING FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE ACTIVE PLAYERS OF THE SIMS AND HAVE FOUND IT HAS HELPED THEM IN SOME WAY.
AGED 16-25 , UK BASED
WE ARE OPEN TO AND ENCOURAGE ALL ETHNICITIES, GENDERS, ACCENTS, SHAPES AND SIZES AND EVERYTHING ELSE
SHOOTS 22/23RD MAY IN LONDON
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED PLEASE SEE APPLICATION INFO BELOW
GENUINE GAMERS AND REAL STORIES ONLY – WE WANT TO HEAR YOUR STORIES!
The Sims gives players a platform to explore how they express themselves in the real world. Through testimonial, we’ll capture these stories and celebrate self-expression, and the journey and joy of becoming closer to one’s authentic self.
Active players of the game, THE SIMS, and have an interesting story to tell about their life, self-expression, and their experiences with the game, and meaningful overlap.
These are the stories of players who use The Sims to navigate unique, sometimes challenging, at times fun family dynamics. It’s the story of players whose families aren’t always represented in the world around them. It’s the story of players who may not fit into their own family, not have a family, need more from their family.
Active players of the game, THE SIMS, and have an interesting story to tell about their family, their experience with the game, and meaningful overlap.
Examples of the types of stories -these are examples only to give you an idea of the sort of thing we are looking for:
- Someone that overcame adversity through playing The Sims:
- Coming out of the closet – finding support / acceptance / explored gender identity and/or sexual orientation.
- Developed artistic voice
- Someone who’s struggles in real-life and found solace in the Sims (bullying, depression, anxiety, discrimination, disability)
- Loss of caregiver, significant other, friend
- Found comfort in being able to create a family in The Sims which mirrored their own
- Learned something about the value of coming from a non-traditional family
- Someone who didn’t fit into their own family and found solace in the Sims
- Someone whose family was dysfunctional/unstable and found solace in the Sims
- Grew up in a strict home and was able to break the rules in The Sims
- Discovery of new possibilities in career, life path, exploration
- Someone that had a significant creative or business collaboration because of The Sims
- Learned an important life lesson in the game prior to real world
- Player Stories that can bring a lighter touch:
- Players who explore fashion, style
- Found voice as an artist / meaningful creative outlet / escaped into The Sims
- Finds joy in creating and pulling the strings in a world full of drama / of their own making
- Players who have created and messed with the live of real friends and crushes
- Explored romance/dating life through their Sims
- Creating and pull the strings in a home filled with Drama
- Stories of creating/playing with Sims of real life family (getting back at Mom/Dad, Sibling rivalry)
IF YOU THINK YOU ARE RIGHT PLEASE EMAIL A PHOTO OF YOURSELF AND A BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF YOUR SIMS STORY TO [email protected] WITH THE HEADING ‘THE SIMS STORIES’
We will be holding castings in London on 30th April / 1st May (we will give you a time/day to meet if needed)
If you are successful and book the job you would be paid 1000 US Dollars