SimGuruDrake has just announced a change coming soon to The Sims 3 Store. After completing a scheduled maintenance today, all Simpoint and World purchases will be made through Origin, rather than The Sims 3 Store on TheSims3.com website. Details below.
Today the The Sims 3 store / website will be going down for a short time for site maintenance starting at 11AM PT. We will be making an update to the way that you purchase SimPoints and Worlds on The Sims 3 store.
When selecting a SimPoint or World bundle you will now be brought to Origin.com for your payment.
The payment flow will goes as follows:
- Log in to Origin.com using your thesims3.com username and password.
- Choose the amount of SimPoints you want and follow the instructions on-screen to purchase them.
- Go back to https://store.thesims3.com/ and refresh the page (press CTRL + F5 on a PC or Command + R on a Mac)
- Your SimPoints balance will refresh too, and you’ll see your new points have been added.
- If your SimPoints balance does not correctly display your expected balance, log out of https://store.thesims3.com/ and log back in.
- If you’re also logged into the game, or have the launcher open, you’ll need to exit and restart so that your new Points balance is updated in-game.
For World Bundles:
- If you select a World Bundle from the store on thesims3.com, you’ll be taken to the Origin.com purchase page for that bundle.
- If you’re asked to, please log in to Origin.com using your thesims3.com username and password.
- Follow the instructions to complete your purchase and you will be given a code to redeem.
- To redeem the code, go to the code redemption page on thesims3.com and enter your code.
- Click Redeem.
- Next, go to your Purchase History and click the Download button for your new World.
- The World should now be available for you to download through The Sims 3 launcher.