The Sims 3 Monte Vista will be available for digital download through the Sims 3 Store on December 6, 2012, and in retail stores starting on January 8, 2013.
Monte Vista will only be available for purchase in real cash as a Simpoint Bundle, and will not available for purchase with Simpoints.
We will be offering two types of Simpoint Bundles for Monte Vista:
- $20 Simpoint Bundle – which will include 100 Simpoints + Monte Vista
- $35 Simpoint Bundle – which will include 1900 Simpoints + Monte Vista
1. What is a Simpoint Bundle?
A Simpoint Bundle is typically used for purchasing Simpoints, the virtual currency of The Sims 3 that can be used in the Sims 3 Store. Simpoint Bundles are also used for purchase of some worlds, like Barnacle Bay and soon-to-be Monte Vista.
2. Why is Monte Vista sold for real cash instead of Simpoints?
We wanted to give customers the option to purchase this world in retail stores. This requires all versions of the world to be sold for real cash.
3. Why do you have a $35 Simpoint Bundle?
Monte Vista will not include a venue. With the release of some amazing venues lately, we want to make sure you have the option to purchase a venue separately without having to buy two simpoint bundles.
4. Will I be able to buy Monte Vista in game?
Monte Vista will only be available through the purchase through the In Game Store.