The Gardening Skill unlocks new interactions such as “grafting”, and is also beneficial for Sims looking to use their own ingredients for Cooking. This guide covers everything you need to know about Gardening.
Careers are a standard for The Sims and really one of the best ways to earn Simoleons and lead to a better life for your Sims… assuming that’s where your story leads. Careers can be daunting for some, especially in a new The Sims game that tweaks a few things you’re used to. Today we want to give you ten simple tips to hasten your rise from being a nobody to the top of your field!
Some of these are obvious for long-term Simmers, while others you might not know about. Really, it’s a system of layers and finding the right strategy for YOU is part of the fun!
1. Needy: Fulfill your Sims’ Needs before sending them to work! Make sure they have had a shower, a full meal, and aren’t desperately in need of fun! Happy Sims are happy workers.
It is a proven fact that people love killing off Sims. From building swimming pools and removing the ladders to finding ways to kill Death itself, players of The Sims games seem to be obsessed with snuffing out their tiny creations.
And according to The Sims 4 producer Ryan Vaughan, the developers are very okay with this. In fact, they encourage it. “The Sims straddles that thin line of being a representation of reality but also an escape for our players,” Vaughan told Polygon. “It’s about giving players the ability to tell the stories they want to tell.”
Vaughan noted that players also now have the ability to play a ghost. So once you’ve effectively killed off your Sim, you can resurrect them from the Netherworld and have them go about their business as usual. Only this time as a glowing, transparent ghost.
Vaughan said that player reaction to a Sims game without pools was so intense that developers knew they had to rectify the situation as soon as possible. This time around, however, Sims have the ability to sit on the side of pools and climb out without use of a ladder, eliminating the fan-favorite way of knocking them off.
The longer you play The Sims 4, the more will begin to accumulate in your game files. The game auto generates files called “Caches” to help with faster loading, so clearing them every so often can help improve the performance of your game. This is especially true for those who use custom content and mods.
According to Crinrict, it’s not completely clear which files are safe to delete yet, so it’s better to move them out of the folder, rather than delete them all together. Look into clearing out your Origin cache files as well.
The following files are most probably cache files that can be deleted safely and that will help with troubleshooting.
• cache –> *.cache (all files ending in cache)
• cachestr –> All content can be deleted
Instant Gaming, the first (and only) retailer to list The Sims 4 Premium Membership, has sent out notices to players who pre-ordered from their site. In an email to customers, they announced that the release date for this membership has shifted to “unknown”. Here’s the email received by Litabelaqua a few days ago:
You are receiving this email because you have a pre-order of the game “The Sims 4 Premium Service” off the release date has been passed as “unknown” on the part of the publisher. We have currently no new date, although estimates say “2014.” In the present state of things, your pre-order is preserved juqu’à a livaison games, but you can at any time, without waiting to make a cancellation of the latter by simply clicking the dedicated button, available in your history purchase. As soon as we have more information about the premium service Sims 4, we will post on facebook.
We’ve yet to hear anything since EA
accidentally revealed it in their Live Broadcast, so who knows where it goes from here. The October 10th date has come and gone, so now we play the waiting game.
The Sims 4 Soundtrack is now available on Spotify free of charge. Click here to sign in or listen below.
Origin has released a “trailer” showing off some of the content included with The Sims 4 Digital Deluxe.
Aurora Jimenez, concept artist for EA, has updated her site with concept art from her work on The Sims 4. While these concepts are new to us, please note that Aurora has not worked for EA since April 2013.
Thanks to TheSims4.it for the tip
Each week we will will compile a list of mods that have been released to help make your gaming experience more pleasant and unique. Be sure to use The Sims 4 Mods Category Tag for future reference.
Please note that installing 3rd party content may cause problems with your game. It is a good idea to properly research the use of mods and custom content before putting them into your game.
While EA unofficially supports the modding community, they will not be held liable should any 3rd party content damage your PC or game.
This list is here for informational purposes only. SimsVIP does not assume any liability should 3rd party content damage your PC or game.
Always remember to remove mods and custom content before updating your game
• Larger Households – Increase living Sims in your household
• Preferential Toilet/Shower/Bath – Sim prefers same toilet/shower/bath you command them to
• Change Outfit After Work – Sims will change their outfits after they finish works
• No Leftover Parts – Remove the leftover “upgrade” parts that are found during a repair action
• Add More CAS Traits – Add more “normal” and “reward” traits to a Sim
• Less Frequent NPC Push-ups – Decreases the amount of push-ups done by NPC’s
• Always Start Lots Paused – Automatically pauses a game when a lot is loaded
• No Autonomous Rude/Flirty/Enchanting Introductions – Removes certain self-introductions
• “Work/Study Hard” Gains More Performance – Increases performance at Work or School
Used in the video below…
• Hairstyles by David Sims: (Download)
• Hairstyle by Sims 3 Star: (Download)
• Hairstyle by MF Sims: (Download) – Audio Warning: This Tumblr has music playing by default.
• Hairstyle by Lumia Lover Sims: (Download)
• Hairstyle by Sim Maniacos: (Download)
• Hairstyle by MTN Dew Duhh: (Download)
• Hairstyle by Booty Junk: (Download)
• Hairstyles by Anubis: (Download)
• More Custom Hairstyles: (Link)