TwistedMexican, creator of the unofficial cheats list, has just launched his very own “Cheat Resource” over on Reddit. This is the best source for all things cheats, complete with an explanation of what each of them do.
With The Sims 4 now launched, I thought it would be fun to show you what my typical day is like as a Senior Animator at the Studio!
Early Morning: Arrive at EA
First order of the day is to check email for any issues, concerns or requests, while I am syncing down the latest build of the game. I look over my calendar to see if I have any meetings to review design or implementation plans. If I don’t have any meetings that usually means I will be animating, testing or refining our work in the game.
Mid-Morning: Stand Ups, Reviews and Prepping New Animation
The animation team usually has a quick meeting in the morning. It’s like a roll call. When our name is called out we declare the work that we will be doing that day. A one sentence statement about the overall feature and how much we have completed usually does the trick. As a team it is advantageous for us to understand who is working on what assets. Informal and quick, the meeting rarely lasts longer than 5 to 10 minutes. We return to our stations and continue work. For the next hour our Animation Directors will meet with each of us to review our animation for quality. The team is large and the Directors have split us in half to help focus the review time. We are, affectionately, Red Team and Blue Team. During the review with a Director we will look at the first pass of blocked out animation, shoot reference video, talk about how a feature is going to work in game, receive feedback on animation or discuss technical issues we have.
I like to go out with my Animation Pod. I mentor three animators and we try to get off campus and go out to lunch together once a week. Each time it’s a new place – the hardest part is trying to get all four of us to decide where to go.
To unlock the “Woohoo” interaction, Sims must have a high enough romantic relationship. In The Sims 4, your Sims can Woohoo in any of the following places: The Bed, The Rocketship, or The Observatory.
WeeAlbet has put together a great tutorial on splitting and merging households in The Sims 4
EA has just sent us over the official render for the “High-Rider Gnome”. This new object is available exclusively in the latest game update, and can be found in “Outdoor Decor” in build mode.
There’s a new Sims 4 update available now in Origin. If you have automatic updates enabled in Origin’s “Application Settings”, the game will auto update once you open Origin. If you have auto updates disabled, you will need to manually update by clicking on the game in your library.
To ensure your game is up to date, check the game version found in Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 > GameVersion.txt. Your game should now read: 1.0.677.20. If you have updated but it is not showing the correct game version, starts the game, shut it down, and then it will be corrected.
Remove all MODS and Custom Content before updating your game
- New decorative object! The High-Rider Gnome has journeyed long from his hidden grotto in the tropics to join you in The Sims 4. He’s eagerly awaiting your arrival in Build Mode, ready to grace your homes with his feats of stationary flamingo bronco busting!
- Look for him in Build Mode in the Outdoors or Decorations sorts, or type Gnome in the search box.
- Sim and object highlights can now be toggled on/off by entering hovereffects on/off in the cheat console (this will eliminate the white border on a Sim or an object when you hover over it to interact). In addition, you can add -nohovereffects to the Command Line Arguments. In order to add the argument:
- Open the Origin client, right click on The Sims 4 game box art, select “View Game Properties”, click “Game Properties”, enter -nohovereffects into the text box, and then click Apply.
Bug Fixes / Issues
- Fixed an issue with some gallery downloads that were causing the game to hang.
- Fixed several bugs that would result in incorrect relationship states between Sims.
- For players using the “cas.fulleditmode” cheat to go back and adjust Sims after they’ve been created, note that using this cheat will still allow you to manually select invalid relationships. Please exercise caution when changing relationships while using this cheat.
- The automated filtering used for Gallery uploads was unintentionally blocking the words “gay”, “homosexual”, or “homosapien”. It has now been fixed and these terms will not be blocked or prevented.
- Fixed a crash that would result if a block without walls was saved as a room.
Saving Sims from eternal death is as easy as learning the Writing Skill. Sims who excel in the skill, and complete the writing related aspiration, are given the ability to “Resurrect” any Sims in their relationship panel.
Complete the following to resurrect a Sim:
• Reach Level 10 in the Writing Skill
• Complete the “Bestselling Author” Aspiration
• Write “The Book of Life” on the Computer
• Once the book is complete, click it and “Capture Epic Saga…” of a nearby Sim
• You must “Capture Epic Saga” of a Sim BEFORE they die
• When a Sim dies, use the “Summon” interaction on the book
• The Sim will return to life as if they never left
This process can be performed on multiple Sims, with multiple books. There is no limit on how many “The Book of Life” books you can write, nor how many different Sims you can bring to life.
The Mixology Skill unlocks brand new drink recipes, and is required to advance in the Culinary Career. For a complete list of Food Recipes, see our Cooking Skill and Food Recipe List Guide.
Tony Ianiro, concept artist for The Sims 4, has officially updated his website with photos of his work for the game. In the photos below, we see a concept art of Oasis Springs, as well as the “tudor” style world that has been MIA. We don’t yet know if this was a scrapped world, or one that is coming to us in the future.
Chart provided by Gamespress