Ever catch yourself saying something crazy about your experience in The Sims that you probably should have kept to yourself? Don’t worry, you’re not alone! Over on The Sims 4 forums, Brainybee has started a “Things Simmers Say That Should Never Be Said in Public” thread, and there’s plenty of folks like you and me.
• I hope the next baby is a girl, I’m running out of room in the garden to bury all the boys. – ayeden
• I accidentally divorced my wife – mikmaker
• I really need to bulldoze my neighbor’s house – mikmaker
• I keep hugging her, but she won’t leave her husband. I might have to kill him. – zOmBiEcLoWn
• I can’t wait to start my criminal career. – adayinthelife942
• We have ghosts now? Time for a killing spree! – ladybreid
• I just need 3 more friends and then I can get a job promotion! – robinsonfam
• I accidentally deleted the baby – cauliflowers
• I met the most beautiful girl yesterday. Now we’re married and have 2 kids together. – munchie885
There is an official Sims 4 survey making rounds worldwide asking users to select their favorite Expansion Pack ideas for The Sims 4. Below are screenshots of this survey courtesy of our reader Becky.
Our reader Tracy has also sent us screenshots. I’ve added them to the survey photo gallery.
*Update* – EA contacted us to correct this potentially misleading info from the article below:
“Your Sim cannot pee deliberately in the pool as an action. They can have bladder failure though.”
During a demo in New York City today, SimGuruRyan showed off some of the new options available with pools in The Sims 4. GamenGuide attended the event, and reveals the new features coming with pools this November.
The pools are just as easy to create as the buildings. You pick a shape and drop it into the world, and you can expand it to whatever design you want, even changing the depth of the pool from “pretty deep” to “I hope there aren’t any sea creatures living in here” as you please.
Vaughan started us out with a rectangular pool and added a little circle to the end to spice up the look. He sent his Sims family into the pool, where they waded and splashed happily in their new swimsuits, a new (and, as with everything else, completely customizable) addition to the game. We were shown how the Sims could sit on the edge of the pool- a series first- and even
pee into the poolhave a bladder failure. All signs pointed to a wonderful time, but nefarious plans were afoot.
Vaughan carved out a little square pool a little bit away and put our Vader cosplayer in there before building four walls around him. He was trapped. Now- the wait. He would take a while to get exhausted and drown but thankfully a quick tweak of the developer’s mode and our poor hapless Sim was struggling to stay above the water, and soon he was no more. A little urn with ashes appeared near the walled-off pool, and his family members were sent to cry and grieve over it and lament hiring H.H. Holmes as their designer.
When I mentioned how nice it was to add the possibility of drowning to appeal to the more sadistic gamers, Vaughan laughed. It’s not their intention to tell gamers how to play, just to provide options for every single way you could ever want to. Even if that includes wet, cold-blooded murder.
Note: Being unfamiliar with the source, I reached out to our contacts at EA who have confirmed the legitimacy of the story, and confirmed that Producer Ryan Vaughan is in New York showing off pools in The Sims 4.
Achievements in The Sims 4 are rewards for completing in game actions. There are a total of 76 Achievements available in game and this includes 10 Hidden Achievements. When completing these achievements, you will earn “gamer points” for a grand total of 3,505 points.
To help you keep track of the in-game achievements, I have put together The Sims 4 Achievements Page that covers names, descriptions, and point values. New achievements will be added to the list when added to the game via patches or expansion packs.
Ghosts in The Sims 4 cannot procreate, so that means no pregnant Sims and no Ghost babies. I know that the lack of such a feature takes away creativity from story tellers and machinima creators, so I’ve put together a quick guide on how to make your Sims “look” pregnant with the help of TwistedMexican’s cheats.
1) Select a Ghost
2) Open the cheat console
3) Enter testingcheats true
4) Enter sims.add_buff Buff_Pregnancy_Trimester1 , or sims.add_buff Buff_Pregnancy_Trimester2 , or sims.add_buff Buff_Pregnancy_Trimester3 . Each trimester gives the Sim different Belly sizes.
Please note that your Sims will remain in this state permanently. If you want to remove the pregnancy buff and belly, you will need to do the following:
1) Select a Ghost
2) Open the cheat console
3) Enter testingcheats true
4) Enter sims.add_buff Buff_Pregnancy_InLabor
4) Purchase a bassinet in buy mode and “Give Birth”. This removes the pregnany belly. (No baby)
This cheat works on both male and females Adult and Elder Sims. If you want to customized your very own pregnant ghost Sims, search the gallery for SimsVIP_Admin or #pregnantghosts and download my pre-made Pregnant Ghosts family. Once you add them to CAS, feel free to create new Sims out of them.
Again, please remember this cheat is most useful to storytellers as it has its flaws. I would also like to note that the ghosts will not give birth to a baby. The cheat simply keeps ghosts looking like they are pregnant.
The Sims 4 Limited and Premium Editions are $10 off on Amazon.com
Ghosts are the supernatural life state of The Sims 4 Base Game. This guide covers everything you need to know about Death, The Grim Reaper, Ghosts, Interactions, and Resurrection.
Each week we will will compile a list of mods that have been released to help make your gaming experience more pleasant and unique. Be sure to use The Sims 4 Mods Category Tag for future reference.
Please note that installing 3rd party content may cause problems with your game. It is a good idea to properly research the use of mods and custom content before putting them into your game.
While EA unofficially supports the modding community, they will not be held liable should any 3rd party content damage your PC or game.
This list is here for informational purposes only. SimsVIP does not assume any liability should 3rd party content damage your PC or game.
Always remember to remove mods and custom content before updating your game
• Lunar Surface Terrain Paint – New non-default terrain paint
• Larger Interaction Queue – Allows you to have up to 10 actions in queue
• Faster Gardening – Speeds up certain gardening tasks
• Longer Efficiency Emotion Potions – Increases moodlet time of Emotion Potions
• No More Autonomous Phone Actions – Sims will no longer use their phone autonomously
• Mask Mod – Allows you to use objects as hats and masks
• Weekend Housekeeping – Allows you to order housekeeping on weekend
• Live Mode and Tab Mode Camera Mod – Removes drift and increases camera range
• No Auto PC – Prevents autonomous use of PC
• Daily Save Mod - Makes a save to your game every Sim day
• Autonomous Repairs - Sims will autonomously repair broken objects and scavenge in trash piles
• Expanded Head Size Range - Increases the customization range of a Sim’s head
• Breast Augmentation – Increases the customization range of Sim’s breasts
• Glasses Slider – Increases the customization range of a Sim’s eye glasses
• Expanded Facial Slider Range – Icreases the customization range of a Sim’s face
• No More Autonomous Drink Action – Prevents autonomous use of fridge drinks
• Fewer Stalkbys – Decreases the amount of random visitors to the active household
• Menu Enabler – Enables use of the Sim info panels when a Sim is away at work, school, or other lots.
• New Moons – A selection of new moons for the game
• Empty Worlds - Empty versions of Willow Creek and Oasis Springs